Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
troutbum  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2010 11:04:55 AM(UTC)
troutbum

why would you hold the land owner accountable.
NG_Trout  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2010 11:17:03 AM(UTC)
NG_Trout

troutbum wrote:
why would you hold the land owner accountable.

Unfortunately the nanny state nature of the US generally allows people to never hold themselves accountable and thus it must be another party's fault aka the infamous McDonald's coffee spill (coffee is served hot? really? who knew!?!)
- Hope is not a strategy
homebrewerdude  
#13 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 8:52:50 AM(UTC)
homebrewerdude

Hey guys, Thanks for the infomation. I've been lurking here for a while now, and was considering starting a thread about this topic. I'm new to fishing the driftless area (WI mostly) and was curious about etiquette as well as legal issues.

thanks for the great forums!
HBD
Mark Dahlquist  
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 12:18:16 PM(UTC)
Mark Dahlquist

Man

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Quote:
Hey guys, Thanks for the infomation. I've been lurking here for a while now, and was considering starting a thread about this topic. I'm new to fishing the driftless area (WI mostly) and was curious about etiquette as well as legal issues.

HBD

HBD welcome to the board! May I ask what part of Wisconsin you mainly fish or plan to fish? What would you like to know specifically? If you are looking for easement maps here is a useful link. I see the database has been revised. Basically you have to zoom in fairly close to where you want to fish. Any areas shaded in green or pink are public easement.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/faci...s/dnr_lands_mapping.html

New feature: Satellite view, very cool. Also you will see thin blue lines and thick blue lines. The thick areas are generally where there are deeper pools which I often find helpful. Also you can type in a city on the top right to get you close to where you want to start looking right off the bat.

Edited by user Saturday, November 27, 2010 12:27:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

-Mark
Board Owner
UserPostedImage
homebrewerdude  
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 12:50:54 PM(UTC)
homebrewerdude

Thanks Mark,

Last summer I was up in Vernon Co. most of the time. I live in Madison and while I've been in WI for 15-16 years, I just recently discovered the joy of the driftless area trout fishing. I'm looking forward to discovering more of the area next year.

Mark Dahlquist wrote:
Quote:

HBD

HBD welcome to the board! May I ask what part of Wisconsin you mainly fish or plan to fish? What would you like to know specifically? If you are looking for easement maps here is a useful link. I see the database has been revised. Basically you have to zoom in fairly close to where you want to fish. Any areas shaded in green or pink are public easement.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/faci...s/dnr_lands_mapping.html

New feature: Satellite view, very cool. Also you will see thin blue lines and thick blue lines. The thick areas are generally where there are deeper pools which I often find helpful. Also you can type in a city on the top right to get you close to where you want to start looking right off the bat.

Mark Dahlquist  
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 2:41:06 PM(UTC)
Mark Dahlquist

Man

HBD you are one lucky guy. Vernon County is the heart of the Driftless. I love Tainter and Reads quite a bit. I have also briefly played around in Hornby and WF Kickapoo. I have so much to explore in this county myself. We go to Viroqua at least once a summer for a 4+ day weekend.
-Mark
Board Owner
UserPostedImage
D BigTuna  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:25:33 AM(UTC)
D BigTuna

So if they have barb wire running across the stream like i usually see close to bridges
is it legal to pass under it? I never knew you could get out because it was to deep.
LenH  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:30:55 AM(UTC)

obstructions are fences/down trees/too deep of water for your waders "doesn't differentiate chest or hip waders/

You can't fish while out

must take most direct route and re-establish yourself in the water and you can again fish.
trailtheoutdoors.com  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:08:21 AM(UTC)
trailtheoutdoors.com

Len, quick question, i noticed on some of your stream posting you listed some as private. If you access from a bridge and stay in the water is that tresspassing? Or are they private because there is no bridge access? Thanks in advance, Brian
http://illinoiswisconsinfishing.blogspot.com/
Mark Dahlquist  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:34:51 AM(UTC)
Mark Dahlquist

Man

Bridge to bridge, keep your feet wet you are good. If water too deep or obstruction such as fence or tree you are allowed to exit briefly. Such is not the case in MN - have to always stay in the water.
-Mark
Board Owner
UserPostedImage