Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DanE  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2016 2:51:23 PM(UTC)
DanE

I was perusing the internet a while back in search of a good wading jacket that didn't cost $500 like the Simms one that I wanted. What I found was a newer company that you may or may not have heard of called Dryft. I put it on my christmas list and low and behold, the wife got it for me. While I have not fished in it yet, it is well designed and appears to be very high quality for the price of $239. You can also get a 10% discount if you see one of their ads in some of the smaller fly magazines (can't find the code right now). I did however put it over a fleece the other day when I was out shoveling and snowblowing in the 40 mph wind, and I didn't even feel a bit of a breeze. When my Simms waders wear out, I am pretty sure I will be getting a pair of theirs to replace them. ThumpUp

http://dryftfishing.com/shop/primo-wading-jacket/
Sponsor
NE IA Drifter  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2016 3:19:54 PM(UTC)
NE IA Drifter

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Everytime I see the Simms patagucci etc wading jackets I think to myself, do people really pay $500 for this?! Confused

I like this price a lot better but still not convinced it will do a better job than layers and a shell jacket tucked in my waders. What made you pull the trigger?
DanE  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2016 4:21:08 PM(UTC)
DanE

NE IA Drifter wrote:
Everytime I see the Simms patagucci etc wading jackets I think to myself, do people really pay $500 for this?! Confused

I like this price a lot better but still not convinced it will do a better job than layers and a shell jacket tucked in my waders. What made you pull the trigger?

I have used various rain coats (and pants) over the years, with minimal success in a soaking rain. Our last trip to Canada we fished for 4 hours in a downpour, and I got pretty wet through my raingear. So I needed a new raincoat and I figured this would do double duty for me. The other thing that sold me was the product reviews, specifically the one from a guide from AK. I am sure it won't rain now, but I will use this jacket alot regardless of the weather, as I really like it.

Edited by user Monday, January 4, 2016 4:27:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DanE  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2016 4:30:58 PM(UTC)
DanE

They run a small ad in Northwest Fly Fishing and Eastern Fly Fishing. The coupon code for 10% off is "NWFFOFFER". With that the coat is $216 with free shipping. Tough to argue with that. Thier waders are $219, less 10% = $197, another decent price for a quality product. ThumpUp