Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DanE  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:02:48 PM(UTC)
DanE

Kind of a lat minute deal, mostly because I wasn't thinking until earlier tonight. I have a lunch meeting in Platteville tomorrow, and it took a bit for it to register, but I need to go fishing in the afternoon after the meeting. Hoping to hit some new water if anyone has any suggestions, otherwise I will likely hit the Blue or Big Spring on my way back home. If anyone has any thoughts on something else in the Platteville/Fennimore are, like Borah maybe or have any suggestions on where to fish the Big Green, shoot me a PM or reply. Planning to leave about 10:00 am on Wednesday.

Also open to Smallies if anyone has any hot tips on where they may be active.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:04:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
jfinn  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:32:13 PM(UTC)
jfinn

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
DanE wrote:
Kind of a lat minute deal, mostly because I wasn't thinking until earlier tonight. I have a lunch meeting in Platteville tomorrow, and it took a bit for it to register, but I need to go fishing in the afternoon after the meeting. Hoping to hit some new water if anyone has any suggestions, otherwise I will likely hit the Blue or Big Spring on my way back home. If anyone has any thoughts on something else in the Platteville/Fennimore are, like Borah maybe or have any suggestions on where to fish the Big Green, shoot me a PM or reply. Planning to leave about 10:00 am on Wednesday.

Aren't smallies off of limits until May?
DanE  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 6:20:45 AM(UTC)
DanE

jfinn wrote:
DanE wrote:

Aren't smallies off of limits until May?

I guess I am used to some rivers like the Wisconsin where they are open year round.
s.t.fanatic  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 6:40:44 AM(UTC)
s.t.fanatic

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
There use to be a nice hole below the bridge right behind the super 8. Ive stayed there while on work trips and have caught some solid fish. That is if the swan doesn't spook the fish first. Urban fishing can be shockingly excellent because everybody wants to get out of town. If I was in town I would give that spot a shot for 5 min. before heading out of town. Also the seafood pizza from the Anex is great. I actually think they make it next door but deliver to the bar. Nice little place. Also right down from the super 8.