Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
William Schlafer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 12:52:03 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer
Rank: Super Fly

Joined: 7/24/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,788
Location: Sussex Wisconsin

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
NOAA has released it's summer temperature outlook for 2016.

UserPostedImage

Oddly enough, the middle part of the country is forecast to be cooler than than the rest of us. It's usually hotter than Hades there in the summer.


-Bill

Edited by user Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:52:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: stupid spell checker!

“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
Gerrber  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 6:16:53 PM(UTC)
Gerrber
Rank: Midge

Joined: 6/8/2015(UTC)
Posts: 48
Location: Caseys Breakfast pizza/St.Paul

Well I always figured I'd need a hell of a reason to spend any time in Kansas, sadly this still isn't good enough. Anymore it seems out of the norm to see blue on these prediction maps.
trapper  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 6:27:06 PM(UTC)
trapper
Rank: Super Fly

Joined: 3/24/2010(UTC)
Posts: 2,098
Location: West Fork

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have my patagucci wader pants with boxer shorts- bring it on!! Wet wade...

Edited by user Tuesday, May 24, 2016 6:28:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Get Reel
MikeJuran  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 6:24:47 AM(UTC)
MikeJuran
Rank: Dragon Fly

Joined: 2/13/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,016
Man
Location: Chaseburg, WI

trapper wrote:
I have my patagucci wader pants with boxer shorts- bring it on!! Wet wade...

wading boots or old tennis shoes ?
Fly Me A River
DanE  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 7:28:02 AM(UTC)
DanE
Rank: Dragon Fly

Joined: 9/18/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,233
Location: Prairie Du Sac, WI

These graphs are always misleading as it looks like it will be cool in the center part of the US and hot everywhere else. I always take these with a little bit of a grain of salt as it is a probability, relative to normal. In the western half of the state, we have a 33-40% chance of being above normal. Even if it is above normal by a 1 degree average for the whole summer, they would correct. If that were to happen, we likely wouldn't even notice it being a "hot" summer. If I were in Vegas, I wouldn't bet much money on a 33-40% chance of probability. Even in an area like the eastern part of the US or the western part of the US, they only have a 50-60% chance of being "warmer than normal" which is better betting odds, but doesn't mean it's going to be hot.

For those of you who are planning a trip to Kansas, It will likely still be hotter than hades there, as the graph shows they should still be at their normal temps. Given that, it will likely still be hotter there than here.
William Schlafer  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 7:41:40 AM(UTC)
William Schlafer
Rank: Super Fly

Joined: 7/24/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,788
Location: Sussex Wisconsin

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
It's not readily apparent at first glance, but what the chart suggests is that it may be above average almost everywhere, except possibly in the middle of the country - which should be normally uncomfortably hot. No parts of the country are predicted to be below normal. But it's all just a forecast, you never know what mother nature may decide to do.

The bad news is no relief for the already drought stricken west. And abnormal warmth in parts of Alaska and Canada, which could be long term trouble for the environment there.


-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2017, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.427 seconds.