Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In | Register

PdC area lodging Options
Fcs
#1 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 6:21:59 PM

This is my first post here. Nice group.

I'm looking for an inexpensive motel in the PdC area. Something on the level of Napps in Fennimore if you know it.
William Schlafer
#2 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 7:19:52 PM

Rock's Rental House is a bit northeast of there in Rolling Rock, but a short drive from of a number of great Crawford county Trout streams. I stayed there once and it was clean and comfortable. Bar across the street has good burgers too.

There's also The Captains Cove Motel just over the Hwy 18 bridge. Never stayed there, but from the looks of it, it should be inexpensive.

I think there are also couple of dive places along Hwy 35 right in Prairie du Chien.

-Bill

“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
big_river_bum
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 12:54:38 AM

William Schlafer wrote:
Rock's Rental House is a bit northeast of there in Rolling Rock, but a short drive from of a number of great Crawford county Trout streams. I stayed there once and it was clean and comfortable. Bar across the street has good burgers too.

There's also The Captains Cove Motel just over the Hwy 18 bridge. Never stayed there, but from the looks of it, it should be inexpensive.

I think there are also couple of dive places along Hwy 35 right in Prairie du Chien.

-Bill

if by dives you mean "meth dens", then yes there's a few in pdc....sadly. although on a bright note the brisbois inn is being remodeled into a motel 6. hope they clean it well.

the Microtel is on the south side of pdc right on the highway. along with the Bridgeport inn and one other one by huckleberry's. can't remember the name though
big_river_bum
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 12:56:42 AM

my high school buddy's parents run a place called picatee creek lodge that's right on the stream of the same name. right across the road from where I hunt. it's like a quarter mile up the hill from 35 just north of pdc. we used to party there a lot but it's really nice. lot's of HUGE head mounts that my buddy's grandma shot