Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chenhyperborea  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2016 4:15:21 PM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

Earlier in the summer I caught the same fish twice about a month apart and then last month, on a different stream I caught a Brown trout twice just a few days apart. He was in the exact same location and ate the same fly on both occasions. I know this isn't uncommon put pretty cool in my opinion. I snapped a photo when I got him the second time and I thought to myself, "he looks familiar" :-)

UserPostedImage
Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done."
Charles F. Orvis, 1886
Sponsor
HookJaw  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2016 10:01:54 PM(UTC)
HookJaw

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Pretty cool - you have a keen eye for recognizing these fish... And awesome that you have the skills to fool the same one twice!

But sorry, I gotta ask -- don't you get tired of fishing the same stretch of the same creek? And 2 days apart?

...cruisin the 'Poo in my Gum Tree Canoe
chenhyperborea  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 11:11:46 AM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

I hear what you're saying in regards to the same stream question. This incredible piece of water is literally 8 minutes from my house and when I only have a very limited time to get out I quickly run there to wet a line. It's a small stretch on private property so it gets very little pressure and I myself don't fish it a lot either. It just happened that I did a couple days apart that week.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 5, 2016 11:31:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done."
Charles F. Orvis, 1886