Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chenhyperborea  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2016 11:49:58 AM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

I surprised my wife with a replica mount of her first 20"+ Minnesota Brown Trout she caught in OCtober. The same incredible artist in Florida who has done three for me once again did an amazing job and expedited it for Christmas. Although we are gutting and remodeling the family room after the first, I had to hang it this morning :-)

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done."
Charles F. Orvis, 1886
Sponsor
EddieRivard  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2016 1:05:27 PM(UTC)
EddieRivard

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
The paint job looks really nice but whats up with the weird bump around the anal fin? Unless the original trout exhibited that deformation I would send it back and have the artist repair that part.

UserPostedImage
chenhyperborea  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2016 1:29:28 PM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

That's the way the fish was ..... most large Browns I have caught have this same feature.
As you can see, the protrusion was even more pronounced on the real fish. This is also a "S" swim pose blank and that area becomes more pronounced when flexed and swimming ... anatomically it's correct.

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Monday, December 26, 2016 3:29:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done."
Charles F. Orvis, 1886
outdoorbobby  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 11:45:21 AM(UTC)
outdoorbobby

Man

That is a replica? Holy crap, I may need that contact info! Looks really good!
"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do."
chenhyperborea  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 2:47:17 PM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

He is the best. He's down in Port Charlotte, FL
Marine Creations.
Charles F. Orvis, 1886
luj333  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 4:31:05 PM(UTC)
luj333

Nice!
Zugbug  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 6:11:20 PM(UTC)
Zugbug

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
These replica mounts are beautiful, and they won't deteriorate over time, like traditional mounts usually do.
chenhyperborea  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 6:45:47 PM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

.... and the real fish is still swimming and growing larger!
Charles F. Orvis, 1886
MikeJuran  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2016 10:16:43 AM(UTC)
MikeJuran

Man

what does a mount like that run ya? And what does he need in order to do accurate replica, just a side pic of the fish?

That fish looks like it just came out of the water, amazing.
Fly Me A River
chenhyperborea  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:27:02 PM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

This latest one was about $350! .... worth every penny :-)
Charles F. Orvis, 1886