Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OrrickOutdoors  
#21 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 7:32:03 PM(UTC)
OrrickOutdoors

I've got grayling on them. In lakes. Strip-pause beneath an indicator, well off the bottom. I have no idea what that imitates. We were getting skunked and I just figured the graylings out west had never seen one, so I gave it a shot. Good thing I had extras cuz all my buddies tied em on and we had a blast. I have no theory beyond ... it works.
HuggyBear  
#22 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 6:43:13 PM(UTC)
HuggyBear

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Trouts wrote:
I have always assumed the pink represents that weird pinkish orange color of a dead scud. They also are fantastic for catching sunnies. Put them on as a dropper and you can't seem to keep you line on the water they hit so fast.

This.

I was at a local lake, just casting a new rod I got for a trip that was coming up, and I forgot to bring a fly box. I did have an old Pink Squirrel that was stuck in the visor of my truck. So I ripped it out of the visor, tied it on, and proceeded to slay Sunnies. I was gobsmacked on why Sunnies would go for it, but they did.
Guillermo  
#23 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 9:11:25 PM(UTC)
Guillermo

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)
HuggyBear wrote:
Trouts wrote:
I have always assumed the pink represents that weird pinkish orange color of a dead scud. They also are fantastic for catching sunnies. Put them on as a dropper and you can't seem to keep you line on the water they hit so fast.

This.

I was at a local lake, just casting a new rod I got for a trip that was coming up, and I forgot to bring a fly box. I did have an old Pink Squirrel that was stuck in the visor of my truck. So I ripped it out of the visor, tied it on, and proceeded to slay Sunnies. I was gobsmacked on why Sunnies would go for it, but they did.

I've yet to find a panfish that didn't go nuts for it. Gills, sunnies, crappie, perch you name it.