Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chenhyperborea  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:38:44 AM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

If anyone cares to take a look, my latest article is on page 36.

https://issuu.com/midwes...2017?e=27202228/45116292

Edited by user Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:52:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done."
Charles F. Orvis, 1886
Sponsor
William Schlafer  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:00:56 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Great article Brian! Well done.

-Bill

“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
chenhyperborea  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:12:40 PM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

Thank you,much appreciated. I'm happy with the way it turned out and with the layout of the print and photos.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:13:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done."
Charles F. Orvis, 1886
s.t.fanatic  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 1:05:32 PM(UTC)
s.t.fanatic

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Great read Brian. I'm not even a fly angler and I enjoyed it.

Do you happen to know what streams south of Rushford are looking like today? I am thinking of taking off either thurs. or fri. to fish down there with a buddy I havent fished with in a while.
chenhyperborea  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 2:19:32 PM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

Thank you for the input and kind words ... glad you enjoyed it. Don't know what they are looking like today as much of the area got over an inch of rain last night with those storms. I'm assuming however by Thursday or Friday barring any other "events" they should clear and be fishable. Good luck if you do get out - we are heading to Milwaukee for the IF4 fly fishing film fest - ours friends in Utah have one of the features films.
Charles F. Orvis, 1886
WI-fly  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 6:06:45 PM(UTC)
WI-fly

Man

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Great article Brian. I learned a lot. You've convinced me to try some of those darn dry flies. #streamerjunkie
=============
Curt Rees
Coulee Region Trout Unlimited
Catch fish, have a good time, protect the resource.
CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
chenhyperborea  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 6:18:22 PM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

Thanks Curt, variety is the spice of life!
Charles F. Orvis, 1886
jfinn  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:11:37 PM(UTC)
jfinn

chenhyperborea wrote:
Thank you for the input and kind words ... glad you enjoyed it. Don't know what they are looking like today as much of the area got over an inch of rain last night with those storms. I'm assuming however by Thursday or Friday barring any other "events" they should clear and be fishable. Good luck if you do get out - we are heading to Milwaukee for the IF4 fly fishing film fest - ours friends in Utah have one of the features films.

I will be IF4 as well.
chenhyperborea  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 5:58:53 AM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

I'll look for you :-)
Charles F. Orvis, 1886