Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In | Register

Fishing florence and forest counties Options
Newitroutguy
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 06, 2017 12:57:07 PM

Fishing in Florence and forest counties. What is a good accessing river to fish in this area. Are there alot of trouty water on the river boardering wisconsin and michigan . Is there alot of access.
NBrevitz
#2 Posted : Monday, May 08, 2017 5:41:16 AM

Most of us don't just give out stream names on here if they aren't well known, anyone can view this so google picks it up. I'd try becoming a contributing member, potentially help a few people out, and someone might shoot you a PM.
That said, you can't swing a dead cat in that corner of the state without hitting Trout water, get out and explore and you'll find fish.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
Gurth
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 2:39:37 AM

Newi - I've found this to be very helpful at least as a starting point:

Trout Maps

Of course simply being a trout stream doesn't mean you'll find fish or that they'll be big or the stream fishable, but google can help once you've found a stream to research.

Have fun.
Your mother had a tongue like a trout!
Guillermo
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 4:26:12 AM

Newitroutguy wrote:
Fishing in Florence and forest counties. What is a good accessing river to fish in this area. Are there alot of trouty water on the river boardering wisconsin and michigan . Is there alot of access.

Sure there's trout water up there, but you're not going to get free information here on a public forum that has been earned through literal blood, sweat and tears and years of exploring. Get a trout regulation book, it has maps and the regulations for every county. It's free when you buy a trout stamp.
Browntown
#5 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 5:27:03 PM

Another great resource is the maps that are available from the dnr...they even have an app with all the information you could want...dont buy into too much the stream classifications some of my best streams are category 3 streams that supposedly rely on stocking to maintain a fishery...most the category 3 streams i fish haven't been stocked in decades and are full of fish...sometimes you fish a stream and it's a bust and sometimes you hit gold...thats just how it is..dont give up on a stream just because it didn't produce for you your first trip either...ive caught over 100 fish(including a tiger) in two trips to a stream that the first time I fished it I caught 3 fish...but knew by the looks of it, it had to be good
troutspotr
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:16:06 PM

Hiya. Hope you found some good resources for fishing for trout in these counties. The other folks have gotten you great maps and guidance. Fishing can be pretty intimidating when you're just starting out, or just going to a new region. I know this feeling very well.

If you're looking for publicly fishable land and road access points, as well as regulations etc, I've built an app to try to help out. Obviously, the advice of other folks and maps directly from the DNR are better than what I have - you should always verify - but this link might be very helpful. I don't really wanna spam the boards with it, though.

You can find the link to the site in my signature below.

I wish you the best of luck! Report back with your findings!