Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In | Register

Time To Quit Fishing Options
MikeJuran
#1 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 10:04:11 PM

I just might quit fishing ... my niece caught this from shore Saturday near the treatment plant in South Milwaukee ... in a brief afternoon she has by far out fished my largest brown .... They went without a net, so her husband Joe had to climb down into the water and grab the fish ... just as the 8lb line snapped. I am thinking I was born without the 'big fish' gene. Nice job Katie!

Fly Me A River
William Schlafer
#2 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 10:16:40 PM

Nice fish!

I'm constantly amazed at the fish that are caught right next to downtown Milwaukee and up and down the shore. Lake Michigan is a outstanding fishery.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
Pete
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 2:58:23 AM

Great to see such an amazing shore fishery. A big boat-or any boat at all, for that matter-isn't necessary. It was a brilliant decision by someone at the DNR to stock Browns and give the shore anglers a shot at trophy fish. With the forage base collapsing, I sure hope they'll reconsider the decision to keep stocking chinooks at the expense of browns.

Congrats to your niece on the fish of a lifetime. How do you top that?
wibirdhunter
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 3:06:18 AM

Beast. 👍🏻
NBrevitz
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 3:47:25 AM

This is how I feel when someone shows me a Brook Trout from Nipigon.... damn...
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
NBrevitz
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 3:49:30 AM

Pete wrote:
Great to see such an amazing shore fishery. A big boat-or any boat at all, for that matter-isn't necessary. It was a brilliant decision by someone at the DNR to stock Browns and give the shore anglers a shot at trophy fish. With the forage base collapsing, I sure hope they'll reconsider the decision to keep stocking chinooks at the expense of browns.

Congrats to your niece on the fish of a lifetime. How do you top that?

The forage base would be fine if they'd stop trying to recreate the 1960s. I think they're better off only stocking Chinooks in the southern end of the lake, LOTS of natural runs on the northern end.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."