Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
s.t.fanatic  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:05:18 PM(UTC)
s.t.fanatic

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
mbchilton wrote:
oldsaltnfla wrote:
Simms may be a class act, but they are also an expensive act. I am a rather short and stocky, vertically challenged kind of guy. Nothing ever fits. I can never reach items off the top shelf at a store etc. The world was not made for people like me. Anyway, I contacted Simms about having a pair of waist high custom made waders, or a pair of their standard made waders, just shortened. They said they could only make them from their most expensive $500 set of waders. Then, it would cost $300 extra to make them. So, it would cost $800 for a pair of waist high waders. I am not necessarily cheap, but I just can't justify $800 for waders. I have some nice hand made bamboo fly rods I paid less for. Anyway, I finally found a pair of Frogg Trogg waist high waders for $99. They are not the best fit in the world, but they ain't bad. I can use that extra $700 for something a little more necessary.
Joe

When you can do something no one else does, you can charge whatever you want. You know how expensive custom clothing is?

What exactly can they do that no one else does?
Guillermo  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:25:57 PM(UTC)
Guillermo

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 23 post(s)
You don't like Simms. We get it. Are they expensive? Sure. Are they worth it? Almost assuredly yes, especially if you fish hard all year long. You have to decide whether they're in your price range or not and if they're worth it to you. It sounds like they're not for you. Time to move on it looks like. Not sure what you were hoping to accomplish here by reopening a 6 month old thread.
wibirdhunter  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 2:29:57 PM(UTC)
wibirdhunter

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
mbchilton  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 3:02:13 PM(UTC)
mbchilton

Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
s.t.fanatic wrote:
mbchilton wrote:
oldsaltnfla wrote:
Simms may be a class act, but they are also an expensive act. I am a rather short and stocky, vertically challenged kind of guy. Nothing ever fits. I can never reach items off the top shelf at a store etc. The world was not made for people like me. Anyway, I contacted Simms about having a pair of waist high custom made waders, or a pair of their standard made waders, just shortened. They said they could only make them from their most expensive $500 set of waders. Then, it would cost $300 extra to make them. So, it would cost $800 for a pair of waist high waders. I am not necessarily cheap, but I just can't justify $800 for waders. I have some nice hand made bamboo fly rods I paid less for. Anyway, I finally found a pair of Frogg Trogg waist high waders for $99. They are not the best fit in the world, but they ain't bad. I can use that extra $700 for something a little more necessary.
Joe

When you can do something no one else does, you can charge whatever you want. You know how expensive custom clothing is?

What exactly can they do that no one else does?

Make custom waders.
SenatorGrimmshaw  
#25 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:04:41 AM(UTC)
SenatorGrimmshaw

wibirdhunter wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mrjStSqu_w4

LolThumpUp