Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NonResidentAngler  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:23:46 AM(UTC)
NonResidentAngler

Anyone know anything about these 2 streams in Polk County? I see they are both stocked with browns. Looks like there is some access points in the state forest. Might be a worthwhile stop, especially since I could fish for smallies in the nearby Croix also. Just wondering if anyone has any experience here.
Sponsor
NBrevitz  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 10:52:38 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 29 post(s)
There's better stuff around, but you'll find some fish in the WMA on Wolf. Some of my favorite systems are up that way and a little north and east, you'll have to find them yourself though, took me a lot of work and trips, but that's half the fun.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
NonResidentAngler  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2017 9:25:01 PM(UTC)
NonResidentAngler

Yeah, I'm not expecting it to replace the places I fish in Pierce County, but it is fairly closer, so I'm hoping it would be worthwhile on days where my time is limited. Thanks for the response.
Rusty Shanks  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 1:35:41 PM(UTC)
Rusty Shanks

I have fished Wolf Creek from a road that runs west from the gravel road, into the woods, north of Nevers dam, to the mouth. The forest is dense. The bottom is mostly sandy, a few tiny, brush choked riffles, and some areas of clay. Tree roots sticking out from the banks abound. Near the mouth, it turns into a meandering flood plain stream. By now, the grass and nettles should be about 8 feet tall.
The Trade has a lot more fish-able bends and pools, where a guy can make a decent cast.
Rusty