Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
The night time is the right time Options
William Schlafer
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 6:39:54 PM

That's a horse! Catch him on a mouse pattern?

I've been wanting to do some night fishing, but the mosquitoes are out in biblical proportions right now. Maybe after that first good frost in late September / early October.

Give us a review of Imgur when you have time.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
EddieRivard
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 6:53:10 PM

William Schlafer wrote:
That's a horse! Catch him on a mouse pattern?
I've been wanting to do some night fishing, but the mosquitoes are out in biblical proportions right now. Maybe after that first good frost in late September / early October.
Give us a review of Imgur when you have time.
-Bill

The one I caught last night was actually on an articulated streamer that resembled a Sex Dungeon. I had also caught a few on the Moorish Mouse pattern before switching to a streamer though. Action was pretty slow so I decided to see if I could stimulate some takes with a little more spash and awe.

As far as mosquitoes go they haven't been a bother to me lately. Many nights I haven't even bothered applying bug dope and it hasn't mattered. A while back I learned a little secret that helps keep the bugs away and the daily showering method has been working great!

ThumpUp
WI-fly
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 8:40:41 PM

Nice fish. You look so happy.
=============

Curt Rees
Coulee Region Trout Unlimited
Catch fish, have a good time, protect the resource.

CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
snbrd4evr
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 8:46:26 PM

EddieRivard wrote:

The one I caught last night was actually on an articulated streamer that resembled a Sex Dungeon. I had also caught a few on the Moorish Mouse pattern before switching to a streamer though. Action was pretty slow so I decided to see if I could stimulate some takes with a little more spash and awe.

As far as mosquitoes go they haven't been a bother to me lately. Many nights I haven't even bothered applying bug dope and it hasn't mattered. A while back I learned a little secret that helps keep the bugs away and the daily showering method has been working great!

ThumpUp

If you don't mind saying, what color streamer? I have a few spots I've been throwing the sex dungeon at but I've always ended up skunked Crying
EddieRivard
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:31:48 AM

snbrd4evr wrote:
EddieRivard wrote:

ThumpUp

If you don't mind saying, what color streamer? I have a few spots I've been throwing the sex dungeon at but I've always ended up skunked Crying

It was olive but at that point in the night I don't think the color really mattered. The fish heard a plop and saw something moving so it hit. I've caught more fish on White and Yellow Sex Dungeons than other colors. Sometimes Sex Dungeons work great during the day but I don't fish them as much as I used to since there are other streamers that I like better most of the time. ThumpUp