Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages «<373839
New Member Introduction Options
TBenton
#381 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 2:42:32 AM

I grew up in SW WI camping and fishing the Little Green and Big Blue. That was almost 50 years ago and I now live in St. Louis. Now that we're empty nesters I try to get back to the area several times each year spin casting the smaller streams and plan to get back into fly fishing as I approach retirement. I enjoy walking the streams, seeing the wildlife and of course catching some trout. I kicked up fawns on 2 consecutive days a few weeks ago as I was fishing.
While out on those streams, everything else seems to fade away and I know that I'm going to enjoy my retirement here in a few years.

Thanks for all of the great posts and advice.
joshw
#382 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 10:10:00 PM

Hi, I'm josh. I spent years chasing trout in southwest and west central Wisconsin as well as NE Iowa. I've been out of the loop for about 8 years but looking to return to the streams again. Looking forward to seeing how much these streams have changed.
William Schlafer
#383 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 10:45:34 PM

Welcome to DTA Josh!

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
EddieRivard
#384 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 5:32:36 PM

Attention New Members!!

I have noticed quite a few new sign ups lately but no new postings in this thread. If you don't post something in this thread shortly after signing up I have no way of knowing if you are someone looking to bask in the glory of Driftless Trout Anglerhood or just another spam account that has been created.

By posting in this thread it gives the more established DTAer's a chance to haze you in to the fold. If it doesn't happen here it will have to happen in real time at the next Trap Fest. I guarantee after we are through you will wish you had just been taped to a tree and left there over night. I can't give away all the secrets but just so you know Hookjaw didn't get his name from catching Brown Trout with large kypes. ThumpUp

NBrevitz
#385 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 8:15:54 PM

^Not to mention Weiliwen....LOL
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
draik11
#386 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 8:41:02 PM

Holy crap. I've been active on here for a year and a half and just realized I never introduced myself. I've been fly fishing for 6 years. Another DTA'er turned me onto this site and it's been a fantastic joyride ever since. Thank you to all DTA'ers for you input, advice and general friendly banter!

I AM NOT A BOT, EDDIE. BLEEP BLOP.
WI-fly
#387 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 11:19:39 PM

draik11 wrote:
Holy crap. I've been active on here for a year and a half and just realized I never introduced myself. I've been fly fishing for 6 years. Another DTA'er turned me onto this site and it's been a fantastic joyride ever since. Thank you to all DTA'ers for you input, advice and general friendly banter!

I AM NOT A BOT, EDDIE. BLEEP BLOP.

Welcome draik. Trying to think of something witty to follow that up with, but not much comes to mind. I guess I'll just go with "It's all ball bearings nowadays."
=============

Curt Rees
Coulee Region Trout Unlimited
Catch fish, have a good time, protect the resource.

CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
William Schlafer
#388 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 11:34:41 PM

WI-fly wrote:
"It's all ball bearings nowadays."

YES! Finally a Fletch reference. Smile

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
HookJaw
#389 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 12:28:40 PM

good one, Eddie. LOL

Welcome new DTA-ers!

...cruisin the 'Poo in my Gum Tree Canoe