Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages«<37383940>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TBenton  
#381 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 7:42:32 PM(UTC)
TBenton

I grew up in SW WI camping and fishing the Little Green and Big Blue. That was almost 50 years ago and I now live in St. Louis. Now that we're empty nesters I try to get back to the area several times each year spin casting the smaller streams and plan to get back into fly fishing as I approach retirement. I enjoy walking the streams, seeing the wildlife and of course catching some trout. I kicked up fawns on 2 consecutive days a few weeks ago as I was fishing.
While out on those streams, everything else seems to fade away and I know that I'm going to enjoy my retirement here in a few years.

Thanks for all of the great posts and advice.
joshw  
#382 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 3:10:00 PM(UTC)
joshw

Hi, I'm josh. I spent years chasing trout in southwest and west central Wisconsin as well as NE Iowa. I've been out of the loop for about 8 years but looking to return to the streams again. Looking forward to seeing how much these streams have changed.
William Schlafer  
#383 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 3:45:34 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Welcome to DTA Josh!

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
EddieRivard  
#384 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 10:32:36 AM(UTC)
EddieRivard

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Attention New Members!!

I have noticed quite a few new sign ups lately but no new postings in this thread. If you don't post something in this thread shortly after signing up I have no way of knowing if you are someone looking to bask in the glory of Driftless Trout Anglerhood or just another spam account that has been created.

By posting in this thread it gives the more established DTAer's a chance to haze you in to the fold. If it doesn't happen here it will have to happen in real time at the next Trap Fest. I guarantee after we are through you will wish you had just been taped to a tree and left there over night. I can't give away all the secrets but just so you know Hookjaw didn't get his name from catching Brown Trout with large kypes. ThumpUp

NBrevitz  
#385 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 1:15:54 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
^Not to mention Weiliwen....LOL
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
draik11  
#386 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 1:41:02 PM(UTC)
draik11

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Holy crap. I've been active on here for a year and a half and just realized I never introduced myself. I've been fly fishing for 6 years. Another DTA'er turned me onto this site and it's been a fantastic joyride ever since. Thank you to all DTA'ers for you input, advice and general friendly banter!

I AM NOT A BOT, EDDIE. BLEEP BLOP.
WI-fly  
#387 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 4:19:39 PM(UTC)
WI-fly

Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 4 post(s)
draik11 wrote:
Holy crap. I've been active on here for a year and a half and just realized I never introduced myself. I've been fly fishing for 6 years. Another DTA'er turned me onto this site and it's been a fantastic joyride ever since. Thank you to all DTA'ers for you input, advice and general friendly banter!

I AM NOT A BOT, EDDIE. BLEEP BLOP.

Welcome draik. Trying to think of something witty to follow that up with, but not much comes to mind. I guess I'll just go with "It's all ball bearings nowadays."
=============
Curt Rees
Coulee Region Trout Unlimited
Catch fish, have a good time, protect the resource.
CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
William Schlafer  
#388 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 4:34:41 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
WI-fly wrote:
"It's all ball bearings nowadays."

YES! Finally a Fletch reference. Smile

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
HookJaw  
#389 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 5:28:40 AM(UTC)
HookJaw

Man

good one, Eddie. LOL

Welcome new DTA-ers!

...cruisin the 'Poo in my Gum Tree Canoe
shawnv  
#390 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 8:00:00 AM(UTC)
shawnv

Newer member, South of Eau Claire. I used to fish the local streams quite a bit but put it on the shelf when my son was younger and fishing in the boat was easier. He's 14 now and his interest in stream fishing has increased each year. Each of the past three years we've spent days in NE Iowa and our ventures now also include heading West on Hwy 10 besides hitting the more local streams. Pretty much feel like I'm in the middle of it all here.

Sure I can fly fish ugly, and yes catch fish but prefer the spinning rod. I equate it to riding a bike but choosing to drive my truck instead, just like being on the water wondering what is in that next hole.

Best place I've ever trout fished, Black Hills of SD.