Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
snbrd4evr  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2017 2:06:37 AM(UTC)
snbrd4evr

That looked like an awesome last few days of the season. Good stuff!

Also, I wanna see what you wrote in your log the time you took me to a spot.

I hope it goes something like this, "A guy in a volvo just showed up at my house to go fishing. He's at my house and I've never met him, I'm glad he drives a volvo and not some truck with a shotgun across the back. Because now he knows where I live. I bet he's pretty bad at fishing because he says he's from Chicago but now he lives in MN. Oh well, lets see how it goes. Aaaaand... he can fish! Oh the joy. Wow... he caught a big brookie... that bastard better not tell other people about this spot. Sad "

Also, I'm totally sober right now, I just figured that's probably what Gurth was thinking. Also, no one knows about that spot ThumpUp
Gurth  
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2017 3:22:01 AM(UTC)
Gurth

Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
It was bad enough that I knew you were from Minnesota. Had I known you were also from Illinois, I would have dropped you at one of our better sucker streams. Flapper

And what makes you think I wasn't carrying? CC state, ya know...Wink

You'll be disappointed that you are mentioned, but only in passing although your visit is burned into my consciousness for all time. Laugh

The entry from that day...

"Only had about 2 hours to fish this morning coz B had a lacrosse game at 11:00. Gave the good upstream portion of REDACTED to a visitor from Minnesota.

Had been wanting to see what the stream looks like downstream from REDACTED even though I could see that it had been straightened by farmers many years ago. It gradually transitions into a silt bottom stream that looks just like its neighbor, REDACTED.

There are a few spots where a slight run exists and I found fish at a couple of these. There are also two or three bends which also held a fish or two. Hooked 6 or 7 browns and landed 3.

Not a section I need to revisit."

Didn't have much to say as I didn't have the day you did but I was more than happy to play good host and didn't have time to properly fish anyway. Let me know if you're coming down again.
Your mother had a tongue like a trout!
Gurth  
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2017 4:02:32 AM(UTC)
Gurth

Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Oh yeah... and a footnote to that stream....

On closing day, a friend was fishing it and got this...

UserPostedImage

In the same section you fished. Smile

Was his first tiger.
Your mother had a tongue like a trout!
snbrd4evr  
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2017 8:56:09 PM(UTC)
snbrd4evr

Awwww!!! I was mentioned!

And I'm now going back there every time I come down to Wisconi-Land so I can bring that tiger back to Minnesota. I'll seriously setup a 30 gallon tank in the trunk of my car with line running to my AC system just so I can introduce it to my local stream and catch him over and over again.