Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages«<383940
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oscarn218  
#391 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 10:48:25 AM(UTC)
oscarn218

Man

Hey yall, my name is Oscar and I hail from the land of St. Croix rods. I'm primarily a spinner fisherman but practicing my fly casting technique frequently.

I play banjo in a band for a living. On tour, we frequently makes stops to wet our lines to either snag into one of those square tailed devils or something much larger and toothier. Anything in between is welcome but is usually not a target.

Currently typing en route from Dodgeville to Kansas City, followed by Fort Collins, Colorado for a folk festival and the chasing of the elusive cutthroat.

Edited by user Friday, September 15, 2017 10:49:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HookJaw  
#392 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 11:09:38 AM(UTC)
HookJaw

Man

Welcome, Oscar!
I am familiar with your work! (...is it work or play?)
If you're ever in Vernon Co., look me up. Will trade fishing info for banjo licks Razz

...cruisin the 'Poo in my Gum Tree Canoe
K2  
#393 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:45:30 PM(UTC)
K2

Visited viroqua about five years ago and loved the place people and especially the fishing. Spring creeks are magical. Having fished all my life and having fly fished for 17 years, the driftless is where I'll retire soon.

It was great to meet some of you at trap fest on Friday. Sorry I had some car trouble after catching a few and couldn't join Saturday's festivities.
Yay
Hope to meet more of you and fish a lot.

Alan
tenkara_guy  
#394 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 5:12:33 AM(UTC)
tenkara_guy

United States

Long-time lurker. First-time poster. A delightful encounter on a well-known SE MN stream with bowl_of_mush and snbrd4evr convinced me to take the plunge. Thanks, guys. And thanks to all of you for a great site. I look forward to continuing to learn from all of you. And yes, I use Tenkara most of the time (in the Driftless, at least). Cheers!
"I will explain to him as an acceptable realpolitik: if the trout are lost, smash the state." -- Thomas McGuane
weiliwen  
#395 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 1:44:45 PM(UTC)
weiliwen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Welcome, Tenkara Guy! One thing I like about this site is that it's a Driftless fishing site, not a fly fishing site. Even though I only fly fish, I love to hear the adventures of the spin fishers on this site, and will love to hear your tenkara adventures, too!
Bob Williams, "Weiliwen"
tenkara_guy  
#396 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:42:49 AM(UTC)
tenkara_guy

United States

Thanks, weiliwen! I'm a fly angler, too. I just use a fixed line some of the time. But you're right--the diversity of approaches is one of the things I like best about this forum. Cheers!
"I will explain to him as an acceptable realpolitik: if the trout are lost, smash the state." -- Thomas McGuane
snbrd4evr  
#397 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:04:45 AM(UTC)
snbrd4evr

Hey! Good to see you made it! Now get over in the best fish of 2017 thread and give us a good story.
NBrevitz  
#398 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:34:33 AM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tenkara_guy Go to Quoted Post
Long-time lurker. First-time poster. A delightful encounter on a well-known SE MN stream with bowl_of_mush and snbrd4evr convinced me to take the plunge. Thanks, guys. And thanks to all of you for a great site. I look forward to continuing to learn from all of you. And yes, I use Tenkara most of the time (in the Driftless, at least). Cheers!

Welcome man!
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."