Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WI-fly  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:27:08 PM(UTC)
WI-fly

Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
The next Coulee Region TU meeting will be on Wednesday, December 20 at the Legion in Viroqua. Dinner, drinks, and fish talk from 6-7. Short chapter meeting at 7 and then our guest presenter, Geri Meyer, goes on at 7:15. Geri will talk about what's new in fly gear, tips for fishing the Driftless, and also let us know about the work she is doing to get more women involved in trout fishing.

If you haven't been to the Legion, they have a great beer selection and they do a wings special on Wednesday nights. No need to be a TU member to attend, but we might ask you to wear an ascot and beret when you enter the back room. That's our official dress code as a snobby organization. Of course I'm kidding. Come one come all, member or not.

True story about the beret and ascot: My kids and I were out for a drive on Timber a few years ago and I did see a dude in the water, fly rod in hand, wearing a beret, ascot, and smoking a pipe. I didn't get a good look at his rod, but I'm sure it was probably a $3500 bamboo made within a yoga retreat community. If by chance this beret and ascot wearing angler was one of you DTAers, then I can say that you had a nice cast. I'm assuming most of us are more likely to wear a camo ballcap with a pinch of Kodiak in the lip.

=============
Curt Rees
Coulee Region Trout Unlimited
Catch fish, have a good time, protect the resource.
CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
thanks 4 users thanked WI-fly for this useful post.
stan b on 12/13/2017(UTC), weiliwen on 12/13/2017(UTC), HookJaw on 12/13/2017(UTC), NBrevitz on 12/13/2017(UTC)
Sponsor
trapper  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:41:42 AM(UTC)
trapper

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Other than showing up at Trapfest, this just maybe the best opportunity to learn a lot about Driftless trout angling.

Geri is sharp, real sharp
When I lost most of my flys in Iowa, I had Geri pick out my first dozen....

A true delight and fly shop co- owner for a reason
Maybe make arrangements to visit the newly expanded shop and gear up for your Winter stuff
Support CRTU and the folks that support your sport, doesn't matter where you live. Great fly shops all over the Driftless.
Get Reel
thanks 2 users thanked trapper for this useful post.
stan b on 12/13/2017(UTC), weiliwen on 12/13/2017(UTC)
WI-fly  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:47:48 AM(UTC)
WI-fly

Man

I haven't seen the expansion. Will have to check it out.
=============
Curt Rees
CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
weiliwen  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 3:07:03 PM(UTC)
weiliwen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WI-fly Go to Quoted Post
True story about the beret and ascot: My kids and I were out for a drive on Timber a few years ago and I did see a dude in the water, fly rod in hand, wearing a beret, ascot, and smoking a pipe. I didn't get a good look at his rod, but I'm sure it was probably a $3500 bamboo made within a yoga retreat community. If by chance this beret and ascot wearing angler was one of you DTAers, then I can say that you had a nice cast. I'm assuming most of us are more likely to wear a camo ballcap with a pinch of Kodiak in the lip.

He probably had a flask of expensive single malt Scotch in his pocket, too! I picture him with not just a pipe, but one of those Calabash pipes like Sherlock Holmes smoked.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 13, 2017 5:55:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling Error

Bob Williams, "Weiliwen"
thanks 1 user thanked weiliwen for this useful post.
stan b on 12/13/2017(UTC)
stan b  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:50:28 PM(UTC)
stan b

Man

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: weiliwen Go to Quoted Post

He probably had a flask of expensive single malt Scotch in his pocket, too! I picture him with not just a pipe, but one of those Calabash pipes like Sherlock Holmes smoked.

I have been known to carry a flask of bourbon or scotch.
But not single malt, I'm not THAT refined!

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold
WI-fly  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:45:14 PM(UTC)
WI-fly

Man

Those 2 oz bottles (a few of them) of Fireball fit perfectly in the tackle pack. I never drink that stuff. A friend of mine told me that. ;)
=============
Curt Rees
CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
thanks 1 user thanked WI-fly for this useful post.
stan b on 12/13/2017(UTC)
stan b  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:04:34 PM(UTC)
stan b

Man

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Those 2 oz bottles (a few of them) of Fireball fit perfectly in the tackle pack. I never drink that stuff. A friend of mine told me that. ;)

For medicinal purposes only!
"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold