Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheDancingMan  
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 4:25:56 AM(UTC)
TheDancingMan

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NBrevitz Go to Quoted Post
Yep, because everyone voted with outdoors and solely outdoors on their mind, right? They don’t care about the deficit, the economy, healthcare, etc? Chill out...

Yeah, you're right.

They care so much about the deficit our elected officials decided to add to the deficit with the tax bill though they have howled about deficits forever and claim to be deficit hawks.

The economy is at full employment. Rubio had to make a big commotion about getting an additional $1000 tax credit for childcare expenses (which will phase out over a few short years), while every millionaire and corporation got a huge, permanent cut.

Healthcare, well, do I have to go over the last seven years and then rehash what happened this summer with a Republican majority in Congress?

See, these are actual facts. They can't be disputed. If you snowflakes can't handle this, and need to make up stuff to coddle your illusory world view while the world's greatest country has it's democratic institutions eroded and degraded, all at the expense of real, everyday Americans trying to build a successful life, I feel so sorry for you. But then again, this country needs more Confederate statues, rights guys?

Brevitz, respectfully, can you see the hypocrisy in your statement now? Please read more, lots and lots more, I suggest starting with William F. Buckley.
NBrevitz  
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 5:59:17 AM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TheDancingMan Go to Quoted Post
Yep, because everyone voted with outdoors and solely outdoors on their mind, right? They don’t care about the deficit, the economy, healthcare, etc? Chill out...

Yeah, you're right.

They care so much about the deficit our elected officials decided to add to the deficit with the tax bill though they have howled about deficits forever and claim to be deficit hawks.

The economy is at full employment. Rubio had to make a big commotion about getting an additional $1000 tax credit for childcare expenses (which will phase out over a few short years), while every millionaire and corporation got a huge, permanent cut.

Healthcare, well, do I have to go over the last seven years and then rehash what happened this summer with a Republican majority in Congress?

See, these are actual facts. They can't be disputed. If you snowflakes can't handle this, and need to make up stuff to coddle your illusory world view while the world's greatest country has it's democratic institutions eroded and degraded, all at the expense of real, everyday Americans trying to build a successful life, I feel so sorry for you. But then again, this country needs more Confederate statues, rights guys?

Brevitz, respectfully, can you see the hypocrisy in your statement now? Please read more, lots and lots more, I suggest starting with William F. Buckley.

People voted for Trump because he’s a businessman who promised job growth. Say what you will of him, the market is doing well and he’s been in for just under a year. As for the tax bill, Republicans love tax cuts, it’s supposed to encourage spending from the higher class. I have my doubts and would like to reduce the debt, but find it incredibly ironic that you suddenly want to talk about spending on the deficit.
I’m just sick of you making sweeping statements about everyone who voted Republican, selling their soul and all. Yup, middle America sucks... People who don’t go to jail, don’t have kids out of wedlock and skip town, don’t shoot each other, give you the shirt off their back, people of faith, god damn they sound like a bunch of assholes.... I wasn’t a fan of a lot of Obama’s policies but I didn’t come out and throw every Democrat to the wolves when he pissed me off. Get some god damn perspective and get off your high horse, no one’s perfect.

Edited by user Saturday, December 23, 2017 7:34:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
TheDancingMan  
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 2:46:20 PM(UTC)
TheDancingMan

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TheDancingMan Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, you're right.

People voted for Trump because he’s a businessman who promised job growth. Say what you will of him, the market is doing well and he’s been in for just under a year. As for the tax bill, Republicans love tax cuts, it’s supposed to encourage spending from the higher class. I have my doubts and would like to reduce the debt, but find it incredibly ironic that you suddenly want to talk about spending on the deficit.
I’m just sick of you making sweeping statements about everyone who voted Republican, selling their soul and all. Yup, middle America sucks... People who don’t go to jail, don’t have kids out of wedlock and skip town, don’t shoot each other, give you the shirt off their back, people of faith, god damn they sound like a bunch of assholes.... I wasn’t a fan of a lot of Obama’s policies but I didn’t come out and throw every Democrat to the wolves when he pissed me off. Get some god damn perspective and get off your high horse, no one’s perfect.

I merely posted about the world’s greatest freshwater resource in great peril. That’s where I draw the line. You can’t promise to drain the swamp, then coincidentally give a foreign mining company permits, when the President’s daughter and son-in-law lease a D.C mansion owned by that very CEO of Twin Metals mining. If you can’t be outraged about that as a citizen of this great democracy, sweeping statements are the last of your concern,

Deficit? You mentioned it first. Look at the deficit after the Bush spending cuts. Shocking, I know. Add that to your list of reading. I know it’s hard when people use real facts. Don’t forget, he inherited a rebounding, and growing economy.

I accept the give and take of politics, it’s good for America when 2 great parties have good ideas. That’s called the marketplace of ideas. But the intellectual rot on the right over the past nine years, which has given way to demagoguery, nepotism and incompetence, is not good for America.

Last time I checked, a businessman didn’t free the slaves, overcome the Great Depression, or oversee a downfall of the Soviet Empire. Keep reading.
AKinMN  
#14 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 4:21:08 PM(UTC)
AKinMN

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I find it laughable that any outdoorsmen, or supposed outdoorsmen, would even attempt justify the actions of the current administration. It was painstakingly clear leading up to the election that massive oil, gas, and mining operations would take great precedent over public lands and natural resources. Attempting to overlook or whitewash this in the name of other political issues demonstrates an irreverence, or down right disregard for what should ultimately be the greatest concern, preserving and protecting the evironment and all it has to offer. Unfortunately for those of us who care, you are now reaping what you sow. Thanks a lot.

Edited by user Saturday, December 23, 2017 4:30:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Actual Concern

NBrevitz  
#15 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 11:26:43 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
I’m going to be in the DNR soon enough, you’re crazy if you think I don’t care or it doesn’t bother me, I just understand the other side. Notice I never comment until one side or another gets thrown under the bus?
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
thanks 1 user thanked NBrevitz for this useful post.
stan b on 12/24/2017(UTC)
rschmidt  
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2017 1:18:22 PM(UTC)
rschmidt

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 31 post(s)
You will be a good one to serve the public Nick. You remind me that regardless of position, I hope anyone concerned can get active and participate in the process. At my job I have a universal mission of protection and service. Based who is in charge, the policies change, the mission stays the same. There is some collective middle even if we don't choose it and participating is the best way to affect the process. R
thanks 3 users thanked rschmidt for this useful post.
weiliwen on 12/24/2017(UTC), NBrevitz on 12/24/2017(UTC), stan b on 12/24/2017(UTC)
weiliwen  
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2017 3:20:47 PM(UTC)
weiliwen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Well, Merry Christmas to the folks on BOTH sides of the political aisle. Have a safe and happy one, and I hope to see many of you at TrapFest.
Bob Williams, "Weiliwen"
thanks 4 users thanked weiliwen for this useful post.
wibirdhunter on 12/24/2017(UTC), NBrevitz on 12/24/2017(UTC), stan b on 12/24/2017(UTC), EddieRivard on 12/25/2017(UTC)
stan b  
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 12:47:34 PM(UTC)
stan b

Man

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
More access;

http://www.outdoornews.c...tional-wildlife-refuges/

"The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service announced Tuesday, Nov. 7 a final rule to open or expand opportunities across 132,000 acres on 10 national wildlife refuges.

This will bring the number of refuges where the public may hunt up to 373 and up to 311 where fishing is permitted, the USFWS said in the news release. The final rule will become effective upon publication in the Federal Register on Nov. 8, the USFWS said."

Edited by user Friday, December 29, 2017 1:15:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold