Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZP6  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 3:34:13 PM(UTC)
ZP6

Man

Has anyone fished the Fox, East Fox, Manistique Rivers near Seney, MI? Are there any rivers that are an absolute must? I'm planning a trip right now for the beginning of June. It will be a 5 hour drive for me so trying to get as much information about the area as possible.
Sponsor
NBrevitz  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 6:55:15 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
The Manistique isn’t Trout water, a few winter in there but it’s known for Pike, but the E Branch Fox and Fox itself are both incredible systems. That said, don’t try to wade them, canoe is 100% necessary below 28.
The Fox and Two Hearted systems are both outstanding. I like E Br Taquamanon and upper Taquamanon a lot for Brookies. If you’re heading to the UP though, the Western end really is a lot better. You could fish the stuff around Escanaba for a week and not scratch the surface.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
thanks 1 user thanked NBrevitz for this useful post.
ZP6 on 3/12/2018(UTC)
ZP6  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 1:43:21 AM(UTC)
ZP6

Man

Originally Posted by: NBrevitz Go to Quoted Post
The Manistique isn’t Trout water, a few winter in there but it’s known for Pike, but the E Branch Fox and Fox itself are both incredible systems. That said, don’t try to wade them, canoe is 100% necessary below 28.
The Fox and Two Hearted systems are both outstanding. I like E Br Taquamanon and upper Taquamanon a lot for Brookies. If you’re heading to the UP though, the Western end really is a lot better. You could fish the stuff around Escanaba for a week and not scratch the surface.

Thanks for the help Nick. Tentative plan is to hit the E Branch of the Fox for a day, E Branch of the Tahqauamenon a day and chase Pike and Bass on either the Dollarville Flooding or Manistique. Should be fun! We have a drift boat so we are hoping to get to a few spots that aren't hit as much.

I'm heading to the Porkies in July so I might need to pick your brain again in the up coming months!
NBrevitz  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 7:59:23 AM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

E T is a good drive from Seney, you might be better off fishing stuff like Driggs or branches of the Two Hearted. Little Two Hearted is very good st times and I have friends who have done very well on other branches.That said, E T is a great stream, I like it anywhere from Strong’s Corner area to down around Hulbert.
Also, it’s looking like it’s gonna be a later thaw then usual, the Trout lakes might be very good in early June.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
briz  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 4:40:25 PM(UTC)
briz

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Spent some time living north Seney along the big lake and fished my way around there. There are spots along the East Branch of Fox can be fished from banks/wading up north along 77 but other areas are deep and/or really thick. Main branch of the Fox is best with a boat as mentioned but also has access along Fox River Road for a ways. The Sucker River east of GM isn't as well known as other rivers in the area but has a healthy brookie population, especially higher up in the watershed. Also, lot's of little lakes between Seney and Grand Marais that don't see a lot of pressure, but can also be a pain to get to.
thanks 1 user thanked briz for this useful post.
ZP6 on 3/15/2018(UTC)
bokepid  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:12:49 AM(UTC)

artikel bagus
ZP6  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:22:41 AM(UTC)
ZP6

Man

Originally Posted by: briz Go to Quoted Post
Spent some time living north Seney along the big lake and fished my way around there. There are spots along the East Branch of Fox can be fished from banks/wading up north along 77 but other areas are deep and/or really thick. Main branch of the Fox is best with a boat as mentioned but also has access along Fox River Road for a ways. The Sucker River east of GM isn't as well known as other rivers in the area but has a healthy brookie population, especially higher up in the watershed. Also, lot's of little lakes between Seney and Grand Marais that don't see a lot of pressure, but can also be a pain to get to.

Thanks for the info Briz!
cschub13  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 12:45:32 AM(UTC)
cschub13

Man

I'm going to be on the Eastern side next week for a day or two. Anything worth stopping at?
NBrevitz  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 4:41:42 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Originally Posted by: cschub13 Go to Quoted Post
I'm going to be on the Eastern side next week for a day or two. Anything worth stopping at?

Not really for this time of year Trout wise. The Carp and Two Hearted will both have Steelhead right now so I’d try for those.
ZP6  
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 3:14:07 PM(UTC)
ZP6

Man

Anyone have any recommendations on lakes incase the rivers are blown out?