Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MNFishhunter  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 2:17:51 PM(UTC)
MNFishhunter

Weighted streamers on flouro. 20 to 14 lb, dredge the bottom. More than likely a slow retrieve with an occasion twitch swinging downstream through pools and deeper runs.
MN Mountain Man  
#12 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 6:24:34 PM(UTC)
MN Mountain Man

I got out today to a state park. Fishing was slow but between a buddy and I we landed a half dozen. There were a few fish rising to midge emergers and we spotted a very few fluttering about. Most fish came on a size 20 CDC pheasant tail emerger. I landed one on a pink scud too. Fish definitely seemed more sluggish than the last time I fished in early December.

With temps forecast to touch 30 on Sunday we'll likely see midges coming off sparingly yet with consistency. As with many others I plan to fish a tandem nymph rig on the bottom with a bobber unless I spot some decent fish rising.

If anyone sees me tromping around on Sunday or Monday in my dumpy lookin' boot footed neoprene waders don't hesitate to say howdy!

Good luck and stay warmBigGrin
Hoggies  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 1:07:38 PM(UTC)
Hoggies

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I'll be throwing streamers (zonkers and buggers) on a 9' 6wt with either a 7'5" slow sink airflo leader and 8lb fluro tippet or 7.5' 0x w/ 2x tippet depending on the water level (I'll be out with guys who are spin fishing and like to dredge holes, so probably the former). This is my first opener with a fly rod, but I've been getting out during c'n'r to work on casting.