Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
winonaflyfactory  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 2:34:05 PM(UTC)
winonaflyfactory

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 11 post(s)
After quite a bit of frustration and effort I am releasing another fly factory film today titled Searching. Enjoy when you have a moment.

Also, please remember to set the quality to 1080p as I work hard to get the best image quality possible and I'd prefer you see that.

http://www.winonaflyfact...factory-films-searching/

thanks 2 users thanked winonaflyfactory for this useful post.
William Schlafer on 5/10/2018(UTC), weiliwen on 5/11/2018(UTC)
Sponsor
Pete  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:27:37 PM(UTC)
Pete

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I liked it. Well-worth waiting for; you might not have gotten the same product if you'd been in more of a hurry. And of course the brook trout looked great, as they always do.

I just have to ask: were the overhead shots drone footage? It provided some great views.
William Schlafer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:33:55 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Great stuff as always Justin! Beautiful shots. Love the shots of those Brookies feeding. Makes my want to leave work right now, play hooky and go fishing!

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
thanks 1 user thanked William Schlafer for this useful post.
winonaflyfactory on 5/11/2018(UTC)
Guillermo  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 3:01:31 AM(UTC)
Guillermo

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Sweet.

Regarding that mythical monster brook trout, I think it's a good debate to have as to where it will come from if it is indeed pulled from the waters of Wisconsin. For clarification's sake by monster I mean 20 inches or bigger. On one hand, you can make a case for the Driftless with its rich spring creeks that are confirmed to have at one time held monster brook trout. They have the food, habitat, and spring inflow to produce a fish of that magnitude. On the other hand, you can make the case for the Northwoods not only due to the large baitfish populations that are often present in such waters, but also due to the sheer remoteness of some of said waters. And not to wade too far into the gill lice debate, but they are much less prevalent up north than they are in the Driftless, so that might also be a factor in the viability of pulling off this feat in the future. For example, there are certain Driftless streams where almost every brookie will have it, but up north I don't think I see it on more than 2 or 3 % of the brookies I catch in a given year.

Having said all that, there was a confirmed and photographed 22 incher caught several years back, supposedly out of a small spring lake connected to a trout stream. Oftentimes these lakes connected to trout water hold trout early in the year before becoming strictly panfish and bass fisheries as the water warms come summer and the fish retreat to their riverine dwellings. Then again, it could have came from a private stocked pond and it's all just a big facade.

Still, it gives me goosebumps thinking about finding an unknown place with brookies of historically large proportions.

Edited by user Friday, May 11, 2018 3:26:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

winonaflyfactory  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 1:09:07 PM(UTC)
winonaflyfactory

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Pete Go to Quoted Post
I liked it. Well-worth waiting for; you might not have gotten the same product if you'd been in more of a hurry. And of course the brook trout looked great, as they always do.

I just have to ask: were the overhead shots drone footage? It provided some great views.

Hey Pete, glad you enjoyed the film. I put considerable time and effort into it so I hope people enjoy and share it as much as possible.

As for your question: Yep I usually bring 3-4 cameras with me when I decide to film and one of them is a drone. It's small and the camera is decent, not the best but the form factor is huge given where I tend to hike.