Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
s.t.fanatic  
#31 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:36:24 PM(UTC)
s.t.fanatic

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I guess I need to apologize then. My history lies 100% within South East Minnesota. I guess I didn't realize that the smaller streams he has been fishing "across the river" were anything secret or special.

And NO 15" Driftless Brookies aren't small potatoes. I've only eclipsed that number twice and it sure it isn't an easy feat but I guess I wasn't targeting them at the time and cant say that I ever do.

Gurth brings up great points and more about where my jealousy comment was going. Social media is a real double edged sword. I'm on instagram and post on two different trout fishing forums. It's not that way any more but, I joined ALL three of these outlets for no other reason than to gain intel. I don't see it as much any more and you can only believe half of what you see but I was blown away by all the stream naming a few of the younger guys were doing on instagram. They don't do it any more and even when they were, was it accurate. My son just showed me something on snapchat (which I don't use) a friend of his was out fishing and lost a hog. Weather it was a public post or a private message I have no idea but my son showed me that you can go into some setting and it showed a pin along the stream where the picture was taken (thus the reason we don't allow our children to have their gps turned on its a scary world out there these days) It may not have been accurate right down to the hole and could have been dependent on service but if I felt like it I could easily chase after it.

I would post more pictures on instagram and the other two forums but one my photography skills are non existent, and I'm deathly afraid of anyone keying in on two of the streams I fish often. I don't worry so much on the other water because I fish mostly private water where legal access is an issue for most people.

It's more of another subject but man I could go on and on about the whoring out of our resource with the fake, posed, and many times pathetically professional photographed instagram pics with the hat, the shirts, the boots, the $300 nets, the hot chick holding nice fish, etc, etc. It makes me want to puke. What, over likes and followers? Give me a F'ing break.
thanks 1 user thanked s.t.fanatic for this useful post.
Aboudreau25 on 6/8/2018(UTC)
Gurth  
#32 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 2:03:37 PM(UTC)
Gurth

Man

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 45 post(s)
As a footnote, turn off your location settings on your phone if you're using it to shoot grips and grins.

Location will leave GPS coordinates in the meta.
Private correspondence at: jkschind "at" tds.net
winonaflyfactory  
#33 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 2:20:40 PM(UTC)
winonaflyfactory

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: s.t.fanatic Go to Quoted Post
I guess I need to apologize then. My history lies 100% within South East Minnesota. I guess I didn't realize that the smaller streams he has been fishing "across the river" were anything secret or special.

And NO 15" Driftless Brookies aren't small potatoes. I've only eclipsed that number twice and it sure it isn't an easy feat but I guess I wasn't targeting them at the time and cant say that I ever do.

Gurth brings up great points and more about where my jealousy comment was going. Social media is a real double edged sword. I'm on instagram and post on two different trout fishing forums. It's not that way any more but, I joined ALL three of these outlets for no other reason than to gain intel. I don't see it as much any more and you can only believe half of what you see but I was blown away by all the stream naming a few of the younger guys were doing on instagram. They don't do it any more and even when they were, was it accurate. My son just showed me something on snapchat (which I don't use) a friend of his was out fishing and lost a hog. Weather it was a public post or a private message I have no idea but my son showed me that you can go into some setting and it showed a pin along the stream where the picture was taken (thus the reason we don't allow our children to have their gps turned on its a scary world out there these days) It may not have been accurate right down to the hole and could have been dependent on service but if I felt like it I could easily chase after it.

I would post more pictures on instagram and the other two forums but one my photography skills are non existent, and I'm deathly afraid of anyone keying in on two of the streams I fish often. I don't worry so much on the other water because I fish mostly private water where legal access is an issue for most people.

It's more of another subject but man I could go on and on about the whoring out of our resource with the fake, posed, and many times pathetically professional photographed instagram pics with the hat, the shirts, the boots, the $300 nets, the hot chick holding nice fish, etc, etc. It makes me want to puke. What, over likes and followers? Give me a F'ing break.

You don't like my Mack hat?? wtf. I thought that made me cool.... My $28.00 Frabill net is making an appearance in my next photo shoot.
Hoggies  
#34 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 2:36:45 PM(UTC)
Hoggies

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
My buddy probably has the same one except he made it long-handled using the tiller extension from his trolling motor and electrical tape.
NBrevitz  
#35 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 10:55:06 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 28 post(s)
^^^Preach sir
As much as I love Brookies, they’re much more susceptible to the plunked worms than a Brown. They also taste better, so if you’re gonna harvest a bunch of fish I can see it.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
Aboudreau25  
#36 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 4:38:48 AM(UTC)
Aboudreau25

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
There is so much water out there. I have seen incredible spots get fished to the brink, I once watched a guy throw 2 25 inch browns on a stringer on my favorite stream, but at the same time I have seen spots I once overlooked grow into big fish factories. If you think your “secret spot” is so secret, try fishing it on the opener at 12 PM; it will make you sick to your stomach.

Streams come and go, along with the big fish. The V, Cannon, rush, and Kinni will always hold big trout, I personally love watching Steve’s videos, but I can guarantee that the 30 inch brown trout we are all after will not come from any of those rivers.

Get out and explore. Big fish are everywhere.

Edited by user Friday, June 8, 2018 5:20:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Instagram: @boudreau25
thanks 1 user thanked Aboudreau25 for this useful post.
HookJaw on 6/19/2018(UTC)
Gurth  
#37 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 4:47:08 AM(UTC)
Gurth

Man

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Wait a sec... it's 30 now? Woot

When did it go to 30? Laugh
Private correspondence at: jkschind "at" tds.net
Aboudreau25  
#38 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 5:15:54 AM(UTC)
Aboudreau25

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gurth Go to Quoted Post
Wait a sec... it's 30 now? Woot

When did it go to 30? Laugh

There are tons of 20 inch trout out there, many more than you’d ever expect. Hell... there are even a lot of 25 inch trout out there.. But 30.... now that’s a rare fish.
Instagram: @boudreau25
tomles86  
#39 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 9:23:07 AM(UTC)
tomles86

Man

Red river in Langlade/Shawano County is surprisingly good. Shocked by the number of large browns that are in there.
paul worsterberg of the deplacements  
#40 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 8:37:01 PM(UTC)
paul worsterberg of the deplacements

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
my favorite is the tiramisu. oh wait...that is my favorite dessert.