Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HuggyBear  
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 6:05:43 PM(UTC)
HuggyBear

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for all the replies, and information.

My plan is to start at the Black River, just east of the Porcupine's, and branch out from there. The one thing I am worried about, is it being too hot to fish. If thats the case, then I guess I'll just head north in to Canada, and wing it from there.
mo104  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:18:56 PM(UTC)
mo104

Man

I was in the Hiawatha National Forest south of Wetmore in about mid may and walk/waded for brook trout but there was a lot of water in the area to fish for bass pike, etc. The trout were not spooky in the slightest and I didn't see another fisherman the entire time I was on the water. If you don't want to bump into another fisherman, I would suggest you give it a try. Have fun on your trip!
"Teach a man to fish and he spends all his time in the basement tying flies and neglecting his personal hygiene."-Jimmy James, Newsradio
NBrevitz  
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 3:13:04 AM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HuggyBear Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for all the replies, and information.

My plan is to start at the Black River, just east of the Porcupine's, and branch out from there. The one thing I am worried about, is it being too hot to fish. If thats the case, then I guess I'll just head north in to Canada, and wing it from there.

Atlantic Salmon are being caught in Sault Ste Marie right now if you get over there. They crush nymphs quite a bit, the New Fly Fisher did an episode on it.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
HuggyBear  
#14 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2018 5:13:09 PM(UTC)
HuggyBear

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'll track down that episode of the New Fly Fisher.

Another question for you guys. I've decided to stop at the Snake River on my way to the U.P. and fish for smallmouth for an afternoon. Are there any patterns in my box that are a must have besides poppers, white wooly buggers and Clouser minnows?

Once again, thanks everybody. Having, or not having, this kind of info can really make or break a trip like this.