Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<4344454647>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NBrevitz  
#441 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:07:11 AM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gurth Go to Quoted Post
Obviously I kid.

I’ll take the medium if I go.

Should I hit the parks? Walk through the woods? Harbor? Dam?

Heard a podcast where someone mentioned fishing the Milwaukee right by M Park.

Foreign country for me although I scoured the Root once.

A PM would be most welcome.

Emailed you
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
thanks 1 user thanked NBrevitz for this useful post.
Gurth on 11/7/2018(UTC)
William Schlafer  
#442 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:12:45 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Ron and Sasquatch need to pitch a Sunday morning fishing show to the local TV markets. Would be much more entertaining than the ass-hats they have on now.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
thanks 1 user thanked William Schlafer for this useful post.
weiliwen on 11/7/2018(UTC)
NBrevitz  
#443 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:13:18 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Originally Posted by: William Schlafer Go to Quoted Post
Ron and Sasquatch need to pitch a Sunday morning fishing show to the local TV markets. Would be much more entertaining than the ass-hats they have on now.

-Bill

Hey that’s my dream!
“See guys! After hiking 14 miles into the Canadian bush, you can find fishing 30% better than that right off the highway! After my compound fracture heals it’ll be all worth it.”

In all seriousness, yes they should have a show. I’d like to see Squatch fish Lake Michigan tribs, where he can’t just rope in every fish he hooks!😂

"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
William Schlafer  
#444 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 6:16:54 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Yeah, I mean really.

These repetitive fishing shows with over amped Type A personalities screaming around in $80K bass boats, with enough electronics and equipment onboard to conduct a moon landing, constantly self promoting and pitching their product endorsements... Ugh. It's done.

Give me real guys hacking their way through the bush like a couple of Voyageurs to remote and technically challenging rivers and streams to catch fish in places few would venture to go. Now that's real fishing.

Plus I'd really love to have a cool t-shirt that says: "...let that phucker sink for awhile..." with an silhouette outline of Sasquatch's head of awesome dreads.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
NBrevitz  
#445 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 9:38:22 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Yeah, I mean really.

These repetitive fishing shows with over amped Type A personalities screaming around in $80K bass boats, with enough electronics and equipment onboard to conduct a moon landing, constantly self promoting and pitching their product endorsements... Ugh. It's done.

Give me real guys hacking their way through the bush like a couple of Voyageurs to remote and technically challenging rivers and streams to catch fish in places few would venture to go. Now that's real fishing.

Plus I'd really love to have a cool t-shirt that says: "...let that phucker sink for awhile..." with an silhouette outline of Sasquatch's head of awesome dreads.

-Bill

No kidding. I like the Lindners because they fish for everything and use new baits and techniques. At least I actually learn something watching their show. Bill Dance is funny, but I can only appreciate so many 5 lb Largemouth from private ponds in Tennessee. That’d be like heading to the DA Bridge ponds and being like, “Wow! Another 24 inch Brown!”

And don’t get me started on Mike I, losing his shit when he loses one 4 lb Smallmouth, only to catch another within 15 minutes.

I’d be game for portaging into some cool shit. I’ve got a crazy idea for next summer, 14 miles up a river in Ontario. Brookies could be huge. Could be full of Lakers in the attached Lakes. Could be fat, dumb, and happy Pike. We’ll see.
rschmidt  
#446 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 1:43:00 AM(UTC)
rschmidt

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Right On! I am sure we could get a pilot!! But Hollywood Sasquatch would be difficult to manage, kinda like Justin Beiber !!! Hahahaha

R
shebs  
#447 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:33:14 AM(UTC)
shebs

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 22 post(s)
The show would end up being one long censored beeeeeeeeep
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
Hoggies  
#448 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:49:57 PM(UTC)
Hoggies

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Eh, just pitch the uncensored version to Netflix.
William Schlafer  
#449 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:51:23 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Originally Posted by: NBrevitz Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, I mean really.

-Bill

No kidding. I like the Lindners because they fish for everything and use new baits and techniques. At least I actually learn something watching their show. Bill Dance is funny, but I can only appreciate so many 5 lb Largemouth from private ponds in Tennessee. That’d be like heading to the DA Bridge ponds and being like, “Wow! Another 24 inch Brown!”

And don’t get me started on Mike I, losing his shit when he loses one 4 lb Smallmouth, only to catch another within 15 minutes.

I’d be game for portaging into some cool shit. I’ve got a crazy idea for next summer, 14 miles up a river in Ontario. Brookies could be huge. Could be full of Lakers in the attached Lakes. Could be fat, dumb, and happy Pike. We’ll see.

The other thing I really laugh at are fly fishing shows where the guy describes "small stream fishing tactics" while he's standing next to a 100 yard wide raging river. Really? They consider that a small stream? I wonder what they would think of some of the sidewalk sized creeks I fish? Never see that on any of these shows.

I'm also getting a bit bored watching guys helicoptering into a $1000/night luxury lodge on some remote section in Canada on private water that can only be fished if you're a paying customer. Fantasy trips to places like Patagonia or New Zealand also make for nice videos, but they're just not realistic for the 99 percent of us.

I'll die knowing I'll never have time to fish all the streams in the Driftless that I would like. So many miles of water available to us here. No fancy boats or expensive guides needed. Just a little free time, a bit of driving, and some ambition to get off the couch and go.

OK, rant over.

-Bill
Gurth  
#450 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 7:19:17 PM(UTC)
Gurth

Man

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Kind of glad they don’t do shows on little creeks like ours. Would hate to have the general public discover what we know.

The average lake fisherman would likely not believe that a 20 inch fish could come out of such tiny water.

That said, I do get a laugh when I see a show where they are on a “small” stream and it’s bigger three times over than some of the biggest places I go down here.
Private correspondence at: jkschind "at" tds.net