Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stan b  
#31 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 11:00:20 AM(UTC)
stan b

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wannaseemysexdungeon Go to Quoted Post
Hope ya did well Stan. It's been heating up around Duluth here. Should be a good week next week I'm guessing.

Did not catch any.
Saw a few.
I have off a couple days next week, it's almost prime time.

Egg sucking leeches and wooly buggers!😎

Stan b
"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold
ChadS  
#32 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 12:30:00 PM(UTC)
ChadS

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wannaseemysexdungeon Go to Quoted Post
The season is just getting started up here. Anybody want reports of the run this year? Figured I'd ask and make them if they were wanted.

[img=UserPostedImage]Buck Steelhead[/img]

If you have time. I certainly enjoyed reading them in the past.

wannaseemysexdungeon  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:39:48 PM(UTC)
wannaseemysexdungeon

Monday I hopped around the lower shore a bit. Swung the mouth of the Lester with some intruders. No luck unfortunately. All the rivers looked pristine, a bit cold though.

Today I shore fished a bit. I had figured with a large storm coming tonight the bite would be on, and I was right. The group of 5 I was in landed 8 loopers, and lost about 6 fish. Nymphs on bobbers, nothing too unusual. Black nymphs, and natural color nymphs with hotspots. The rivers are borderline blown out currently. If we get any snow or rain it'll blow them out. Caught a few hens today, the eggs were still on skeins. Looks like the run will be a short distance away. Their are a few fish to be found in the rivers at the moment, some reports from buddies saying they got some in various lower shore rivers. Will be out again on Friday, depending on how muddy the wind makes the lake it could be another great day.
My fly box is a tree
wannaseemysexdungeon  
#34 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 1:32:54 AM(UTC)
wannaseemysexdungeon

Report from today. Fished Mcquades a bit, and the lower shore. The rivers look pristine and are holding a few fish. Still a bit cold, and not sure what the rain did to them today. Hopefully they'll warm up a bit and kick things off. A few days of warm temps should kick things off, but I've been saying that for awhile now it feels like. The rain and snow keep cooling things off and that's not helping us much it seems. The harbor is still hit and miss on the usual set ups.
My fly box is a tree
NBrevitz  
#35 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:39:22 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 46 post(s)
It’s due to start soon, thanks for the updates.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
wannaseemysexdungeon  
#36 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 5:35:13 PM(UTC)
wannaseemysexdungeon

The rivers are high, and with the rain today I'd be surprised if they didn't blow out. A few fish have been found in them, but not many. McQuades has been going pretty good recently. Size 18 and 20 zebra midges, and size 18 caddis larva. Some bites on pheasant tails yet, but we're sticking pretty small on our rigs for the time being. Mornings have been good, as is the usual up here it seems. Lost a few and missed some more, but that's how it goes.
My fly box is a tree