Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<789
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
slayermikefishing  
#81 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2019 11:19:27 AM(UTC)
slayermikefishing

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Doesn't matter I had an obstacle in front of me a giant pile of rocks and debris in the bushes made it too hard for me to pass that's why I said that and HAD to go out farther to pass the bridge and yes I left when he told me too was I suppose to stay and fight? That stretch isn't that good anyways I just wanted footage of the giant fallen tree and got a bonus with him Anyways I will keep making "Crappy click bait videos" and thanks for the guys in here that clicked dislike on the video, thanks for the interaction! because thumbs down don't hurt my channel they actually boost my analytics and make the video more discoverable So Thanks

PS - Click away!

Edited by user Sunday, June 30, 2019 11:24:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NBrevitz  
#82 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2019 3:27:02 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Look man, you can’t get out of the water that far and expect to get away with it. You fucked up and he called you on it. After that’s said and done, then you put him online with a misleading title? Come on dude...
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
shebs  
#83 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2019 5:06:18 PM(UTC)
shebs

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Good for you and your YouTube channel, but you're making it harder for everyone else who actually follows the law when you do stupid shit like that.

Doubling down on being wrong might be good for YouTube, but the rest of world just thinks you're wrong.
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
AKinMN  
#84 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2019 6:59:04 PM(UTC)
AKinMN

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
And is yet another YouTube channel with 20-30 minute videos of Go-Pro footage catching average sized trout really needed in the first place.? Seems rather played out at this point.
shebs  
#85 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 3:55:34 AM(UTC)
shebs

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 40 post(s)
"I'm too lazy to actually follow the law, so I'm gonna bitch about how people don't like me trespassing on their land."

Listen here, FNG, if you wanna bitch about hostile landowners you gotta try a hell of a lot harder to stay legal. I've crossed that bridge legally many times, yet you didn't even try to do it legally. You could have walked all the way up to the bridge before exiting. The left edge of that hole is not that deep.

I was ready to give you the benefit of the doubt, because I've had plenty of landowners hassle me - but seeing as how you're deleting and editing your posts to try to be the good guy, when you're not, I think you should probably go back to YouTube where the commenters don't have critical thinking skills.

This is the most accepting trout forum you'll ever find, and in 5 days you've gone from "who is that guy" to "that guy is full of shit and thinks he can talk smack to the heart of this community."

But keep complaining about the pile of rocks in the woods, like it excuses your shit behavior. That'll totally get you YouTube clicks.

Edited by user Monday, July 1, 2019 4:48:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
slayermikefishing  
#86 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 11:45:45 AM(UTC)
slayermikefishing

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am handicapped had a stroke last year I cant navigate some areas like others do I was told I would never stream fish again due to my lame leg now but I get out there and try sometimes I need to stop, cant help it as my leg doesn't work right so I do what I can out there anyways attack away
SquareEgg  
#87 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 2:49:58 PM(UTC)
SquareEgg

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
... an individual's handicap does not change the law. If I were confined to a wheel chair, I couldn't legally wheel myself along the banks of a stretch of private land claiming that the water itself is an obstacle, I'm navigating around it, and the landowner has to deal with it because of my handicap.
NBrevitz  
#88 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 6:16:00 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I fished this stretch a few days ago to see for myself. Unless you’re a midget, you should’ve been fine. It didn’t touch my belly button. And even if it was too deep, you shouldn’t have gone so wide around it, and you should’ve at least TRIED first.

Please try your hardest to follow the law. People who openly disobey the rules are part of the reason I’ve been threatened with guns a couple times.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
Z4c64  
#89 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 5:26:55 PM(UTC)
Z4c64

Man
United States

Geez, I didn't look at this for a week or so. I'm sorry to hear how everything turned out.

Yes, it is hard when people harass you for legal behavior, but when a person is in the wrong, they should not be posting video of someone just taking care of his own property.

I've read all kinds of issues on easements that threaten to ruin things for all of us.

Thank you to the guys to stepped up to do the right thing and set the record straight.