Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
William Schlafer  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 5:44:27 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 149 post(s)
If your looking for a rugged pair of inexpensive hip waders, take a look at these from Cabelas.

UserPostedImage

On sale right now for $30. Free shipping for orders over $50, and there's a 10% discount code on the main page. If you have a Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops store nearby, you can also opt for free shipping delivery to the local store with in-person pickup.

I've been using these for years. They're well built and offer great protection for your legs when walking though brush and weeds. Pair em up with a good pair of wading boots and its a great option for small stream fishing in the Driftless Area.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
Sponsor
weiliwen  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:09:16 PM(UTC)
weiliwen

Man
United States
Location: Madison, Wisconsin during the week and Lincolnshire, Illinois on weekends.

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I got a pair of these when they were on sale a year ago or so; great backup wading boots. Not too much support in the sole but otherwise well worth the $$.
Bob Williams, "Weiliwen"
big_river_bum  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 1:11:22 AM(UTC)
big_river_bum

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 24 post(s)
been wearing them for the last two seasons. not the best, but i don't bushwhack like i used to. i shoulda bought 10 of the boot foots when i did

spending big money on waders is stupid TO ME. i bought a pair of banded chest waders this summer for duck hunting but i paid 200 instead of 400.

anyone see what sitka's go for? i'd have to sit still in the boat and not smoke any heaters. i know they have great customer service but still
big_river_bum  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 1:14:13 AM(UTC)
big_river_bum

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 24 post(s)
i won't buy affordable stocking foot waders because my feet are so fat and wide that i have to go way up in size. putting a big floppy stocking foot in a wading boot makes the seams last about a month
fifly333  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 12:27:40 PM(UTC)
fifly333

Man

Thanks for the heads up. I was in need for some new ones. I ordered 2 pair just to have them. I have a grandson that I know he will want to borrow them sometime for him and a friend. Sweet, that a good buy. Thanks again!!!