Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sasquatch  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 11:55:14 PM(UTC)
sasquatch

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
.. i still hunt the driftless area like it's goin out of style....in my hairy opinion there is no other area with so much big-buck potential..my family and i have been supporting Quality Deer Management for around seventeen years now...

....im going to post some pics of my most recent bucks and also some boonies from my family's cabin area.... i hope you guys enjoy! :)

...first up, 2 different 9 pointers i got.....one from the oh-8 season and a wounded one from last season.....

...you readers with good eyes may also notice the dead coyote in the oh-8 pic(shouldnt have been chasin deer) and also the dreadlock that i used to tie my tag to last year's buck(i grow my own stringBigGrin )

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:29:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
buck08.jpg (180kb) downloaded 306 time(s).
buck11.jpg (229kb) downloaded 308 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
"...let that phucker sink for awhile..." ~sasquatch~
Sponsor
sasquatch  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:20:09 AM(UTC)
sasquatch

Man

...the wall of fame....

...160+inchers...

... the 21+pointer scores 198 and change........ :)

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2012 1:44:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
bigbuckscabin.JPG (108kb) downloaded 302 time(s).
25pointer.JPG (122kb) downloaded 302 time(s).
25pointerandsome.JPG (122kb) downloaded 301 time(s).
25points.JPG (82kb) downloaded 301 time(s).

sasquatch  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 11:20:21 PM(UTC)
sasquatch

Man

...here's a picture of a photograph of me NOT crying...RollEyes

...this is a buck we named "javon", , after former defensive end for the titans and eagles javon kearse, THE FREAK....

...i saw this buck running away a few times while shining and we got a few trail cam pics of him before the gun season...he was a 14pointer with a triple right main beam, from the tip of the kicker on his left G-2 to the outside of his right is 29 1/4inches....that's right, i didnt stutter...almost 30 freakin inches!....he scored 192 inches....boo-ya!

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:18:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
javon2.JPG (56kb) downloaded 264 time(s).

ilikefood  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 8:29:45 AM(UTC)
ilikefood

Sasquatch - those are some amazing bucks! I agree that there are some wonderful deer in the Driftless area. I hunt farther north (Barron County) and do not seem the same number or quality of bucks that exist in West Central WI. I rarely see any bucks out hunting, usually only does. A couple years ago I saw a nice buck right on the edge of River Falls. It was nicer and bigger than any buck I have seen after years of hunting Barron County. Go figure.
What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory.
- Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac, p. 40 (Oxford University Press, 1949).
sasquatch  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 12:00:46 PM(UTC)
sasquatch

Man

ilikefood wrote:
Sasquatch - those are some amazing bucks! I agree that there are some wonderful deer in the Driftless area. I hunt farther north (Barron County) and do not seem the same number or quality of bucks that exist in West Central WI. I rarely see any bucks out hunting, usually only does. A couple years ago I saw a nice buck right on the edge of River Falls. It was nicer and bigger than any buck I have seen after years of hunting Barron County. Go figure.

...thanks buddy! ... yeah, it seems like deer hunting in the more northern parts of the state is a lot more difficult....theres just not the numbers that the southern counties have.....do they allow baiting in barron?? i know thats how a lot of people hunt em up north....

...i love hunting does! they are freakin tasty!...my family's land is in the former "T" zone or "HRZ" or whatever the deer czars are callin it this year.....they use to make us shoot a doe before we could shoot a buck....

flyfishingfreak  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 12:11:44 PM(UTC)
flyfishingfreak

Man

^ i hunt in the EAB (earn a buck zones) well i did the past few years, now i'm out in Utah for college.... but EAB can suck, but it can be nice too... at least how they were doing it around us, near dodgeville, as many does you shoot= that number of buck tags, and they carry over for a year... that's how i got my two pope and young's last season BigGrin

And sasquatch, those deer kick ass!
sasquatch  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:16:31 PM(UTC)
sasquatch

Man

flyfishingfreak wrote:
^ i hunt in the EAB (earn a buck zones) well i did the past few years, now i'm out in Utah for college.... but EAB can suck, but it can be nice too... at least how they were doing it around us, near dodgeville, as many does you shoot= that number of buck tags, and they carry over for a year... that's how i got my two pope and young's last season BigGrin

And sasquatch, those deer kick ass!

...yeah, the whole eab thing can be a blessing and/or a curse...

...2 P&Y class deer??!?! pics please! or at least a link to that thread....

...my whole family bow hunts, but i've just never got whole heartedly into it quite yet... much respect to any human who can drop a wild animal with a fast spear.....

...thank you for the praise, it is awesome to hear...ThumpUp

flyfishingfreak  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 10:24:57 AM(UTC)
flyfishingfreak

Man

Heres a link the the thread- http://www.driftlesstroutangler...-back-from-the-taxi.aspx

the tall 8 is 16" inside, and the wide 10 is 23 1/4" inside!
sasquatch  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 11:56:33 AM(UTC)
sasquatch

Man

flyfishingfreak wrote:
Heres a link the the thread- http://www.driftlesstroutangler...-back-from-the-taxi.aspx

....beautiful bucks you got there freak!

...that 10 pointer looks VERY old...almost like his rack was starting to go down hill from excessive age.... did you age him???

...bravo, bravo! 2 big bucks from a bow..i am very impressed...
flyfishingfreak  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 4:17:31 PM(UTC)
flyfishingfreak

Man

sasquatch wrote:
flyfishingfreak wrote:

....beautiful bucks you got there freak!

...that 10 pointer looks VERY old...almost like his rack was starting to go down hill from excessive age.... did you age him???

...bravo, bravo! 2 big bucks from a bow..i am very impressed...

I was thinking the same thing judging by his rack, and i never did think to look at his teeth, but it's a bit odd because his face looks younger/thinner than the 8's face.