Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sasquatch  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:33:04 PM(UTC)
sasquatch

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
flyfishingfreak wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
flyfishingfreak wrote:
Heres a link the the thread- http://www.driftlesstroutangler...-back-from-the-taxi.aspx

the tall 8 is 16" inside, and the wide 10 is 23 1/4" inside!

....beautiful bucks you got there freak!

...that 10 pointer looks VERY old...almost like his rack was starting to go down hill from excessive age.... did you age him???

...bravo, bravo! 2 big bucks from a bow..i am very impressed...

I was thinking the same thing judging by his rack, and i never did think to look at his teeth, but it's a bit odd because his face looks younger/thinner than the 8's face.

...did the taxidermist use the original cape from your big 10 or was it from a different deer?? cuz i agree with you, the face and neck just doesnt seem to fit with that OLD looking rack...
"...let that phucker sink for awhile..." ~sasquatch~
Mark Dahlquist  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 5:40:52 AM(UTC)
Mark Dahlquist

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Squatch I'm bored. When are you going fishing next? I'm dying for more of your stories and photos. Take some pics of your cooking too. When smoking you agree brining is key? Even with grilling sometimes when I get home I soak in broke for an hour or two and then grill. Gives ya time to clean up and nap. Then wake up and grill and eat with a cold beer or two.
-Mark
Board Owner
UserPostedImage
flyfishingfreak  
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 11:49:41 AM(UTC)
flyfishingfreak

Man

sasquatch wrote:
flyfishingfreak wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
flyfishingfreak wrote:
Heres a link the the thread- http://www.driftlesstroutangler...-back-from-the-taxi.aspx

...that 10 pointer looks VERY old...almost like his rack was starting to go down hill from excessive age.... did you age him???

I was thinking the same thing judging by his rack, and i never did think to look at his teeth, but it's a bit odd because his face looks younger/thinner than the 8's face.

...did the taxidermist use the original cape from your big 10 or was it from a different deer?? cuz i agree with you, the face and neck just doesnt seem to fit with that OLD looking rack...

That is indeed the original cape. The neck wasn't huge, since it was a bit before they got into full rut

Edited by user Saturday, October 13, 2012 11:51:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sasquatch  
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:27:42 PM(UTC)
sasquatch

Man

Mark Dahlquist wrote:
Squatch I'm bored. When are you going fishing next? I'm dying for more of your stories and photos. Take some pics of your cooking too. When smoking you agree brining is key? Even with grilling sometimes when I get home I soak in broke for an hour or two and then grill. Gives ya time to clean up and nap. Then wake up and grill and eat with a cold beer or two.

...well i hope to get back on the streams right before halloween...hopefully catch some scary big trout and salmon...

...i'll be sure to take some pics of my smoking process,all the way from the river to the platter....ThumpUp

...i do agree that brining is the key... it's where every fishermen/cook can put their own twist on things... homemade maple syrup is part of my secret brine recipe...

...also,hopefully i'll be able to show my venison jerky process later this year....*fingers crossed*

sasquatch  
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:33:16 PM(UTC)
sasquatch

Man

flyfishingfreak wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
flyfishingfreak wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
flyfishingfreak wrote:

That is indeed the original cape. The neck wasn't huge, since it was a bit before they got into full rut

...well i'll be damned... i guess he must not have cared too much for body building or spending time in the gym, he just liked growing BIG antlers...Laugh
sasquatch  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2014 9:15:49 PM(UTC)
sasquatch

Man

......sweet sassy-molassy... i can not wait for deer hunting!! Woot Woot

if any of you krazy sumnabitches are gonna be around plain/bear valley during the season you should drop me a line...i'd love to pick your brains about driftless HAWGS and just shoot the schit in general...i figure a little pre-thanksgiving drinkfest might be in order...ThumpUp

Edited by user Wednesday, November 19, 2014 9:23:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Josey Wales  
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:48:11 AM(UTC)
Josey Wales

Really impressive deer. You clearly have some good land to hunt on.
kschaefer3  
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:54:18 AM(UTC)
kschaefer3

BEASTS! Not only do you have a bead on monster fish, but monster bucks. Karma?
MikeJuran  
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:30:40 PM(UTC)
MikeJuran

Man

sasquatch wrote:
......sweet sassy-molassy... i can not wait for deer hunting!! Woot Woot

if any of you krazy sumnabitches are gonna be around plain/bear valley during the season you should drop me a line...i'd love to pick your brains about driftless HAWGS and just shoot the schit in general...i figure a little pre-thanksgiving drinkfest might be in order...ThumpUp

have Trapper show you 'da bridge .....
Fly Me A River
sasquatch  
#20 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 7:43:00 AM(UTC)
sasquatch

Man

JOsey- thanks man...yeah, i feel really blessed to be borne into my family and onto this land...but the bucks weren't always this big...we've been working QDM for almost 20years now, it can be frustrating at times, but in the end the proof is in the antlers....ThumpUp

kschaefer3 wrote:
BEASTS! Not only do you have a bead on monster fish, but monster bucks. Karma?

BigGrin it sure seems like it!

yeah,karma and luck def. have a lot to do with it, but i think it's just a matter of putting in the time and knowing/predicting where fish/bucks are gonna be based on prior adventures...