Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
trapper  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:38:35 PM(UTC)
trapper

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Starting Monday the 15th, roughly 4000 Brook Trout will be stocked in local waters in Vernon County. Streams on the list include: Otter, North, South and middle Bear, Cheyenne and a couple more. Westby Rod and Gun is the supporting club. Meet at the R&G downtown location by 8:30, if you want to go along. My 22nd year helping with the DNR/Co-op program. Next Monday will be the Bad axe and Tainter system. Next wed, Viola Club will be releasing Trout for the first time in decades. Please support both clubs with a membership and state that you belong because of the Trout program. Habitat is paramount, yet wild srain stocking has helped bring you the quality fishing we all enjoy today. Without wild strain stocking, there would be very little Brook Trout in Vernon and Crawford County. And for the record; we can all thank Dave Vetrono for his work and insight. Dave's impact has and will last many generations. We can all thank Jorden Weeks for his current support, without Jorden, Viola would not be raising DNR/Co-op fish.

Get Reel
Sponsor
GB Jack  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 8:31:56 PM(UTC)

I agree it's great, what are the sizes of these approximate brook trout?
And what is the overall kill rate of these fish In say the avalance/ bad axe area?
HookJaw  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 4:28:35 AM(UTC)
HookJaw

Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
A big thanks to these clubs for stocking MORE brookies and LESS browns and bows.
Thanks to Trap for helping all these years!

...cruisin the 'Poo in my Gum Tree Canoe
vmthtr in Green Bay  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 5:01:10 AM(UTC)
vmthtr in Green Bay

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
How do you become a member?
trapper  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:26:20 AM(UTC)
trapper

Easy to become a member of Westby R&G, just stop at their downtown location. Viola Sportsman's Club is real easy to join. The easiest is stop at Liberty Store/bar or the Citgo station in Viola.

The adverage size of Brooks stocked is around 8.5 inches. I have no idea what the overall kill rate is. I am sure that depends on what the regs are in the stream they are placed in.
Get Reel
caribe  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 3:01:37 PM(UTC)
caribe

Man

Those of us who only get to the driftless a couple times a year, we are forever in your debt. Kudos to the clubs and the individuals like trapper who put in the effort to keep the streams fishing well.
MNFishhunter  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 5:08:18 AM(UTC)
MNFishhunter

That is very cool Trapper. I'll try to join Westby this week.
trapper  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 6:39:23 PM(UTC)
trapper

Total Brook Trout released today was 3700
Get Reel
RoogieRoo  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:12:34 AM(UTC)
RoogieRoo

Man

trapper wrote:
Starting Monday the 15th, roughly 4000 Brook Trout will be stocked in local waters in Vernon County. Streams on the list include: Otter, North, South and middle Bear, Cheyenne and a couple more. Westby Rod and Gun is the supporting club. Meet at the R&G downtown location by 8:30, if you want to go along. My 22nd year helping with the DNR/Co-op program. Next Monday will be the Bad axe and Tainter system. Next wed, Viola Club will be releasing Trout for the first time in decades. Please support both clubs with a membership and state that you belong because of the Trout program. Habitat is paramount, yet wild srain stocking has helped bring you the quality fishing we all enjoy today. Without wild strain stocking, there would be very little Brook Trout in Vernon and Crawford County. And for the record; we can all thank Dave Vetrono for his work and insight. Dave's impact has and will last many generations. We can all thank Jorden Weeks for his current support, without Jorden, Viola would not be raising DNR/Co-op fish.

Do you have information on when and where on the Bad Axe and Tainter, or who I can contact I would love to help any way I can or just watch, the Bad Axe's and Tainter are some of my favorite stretches of water!!
All I want to do is feeeeeesh...
trapper  
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 2:56:37 PM(UTC)
trapper

I will be helping Westby R&G again tomarrow the 22nd with releasing Brook trout. Meet at downtown location in Westby by 8:30. Some streams that will get a dose of Trout will be: N&S Bad Axe,Hornby,Tainter,Esofea,Springville. Raceway located near Purdy, Wi

On Thurday ,25th, will be helping Viola Sportsmans Club release Brook Trout in way upper Pine River system. This will be the first Trout for Viola Club in decades. FYI; DTA members can thank DNR Jorden Weeks,DNR Gene Van Dyke, DNR David Schmidt, the VSC trout committee, VSC general membership and the folks at S&S Cycle for their generous support. Meet at S&S Cycle by 9:00. Raceway located at S&S Cycle east of Viola on Hy G
Get Reel