Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raguspag  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 5:17:06 AM(UTC)
raguspag

Man

It poured in the twin cities , so I figure it will be muddy , with lots of water hitting
the streams and creeks. Is it worth hitting Willow State Park this weekend?
Streamer fishing and angling worth it?

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary."
~ Patrick F. McManus
Sponsor
ilikefood  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 5:47:12 AM(UTC)
ilikefood

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
From what I see in River Falls and on the Kinni River gauge, the rivers are fine right now. Unless we get a dumping, the water should be very fishable in the Pierce County area. Any specific reason you are hitting the Willow? Why not drop down a bit and fish around River Falls or Ellsworth?
What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory.
- Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac, p. 40 (Oxford University Press, 1949).
raguspag  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:31:10 AM(UTC)
raguspag

Man

what places in Ellsworth look good? Spring Creek or Little Trimbelle? I think Ill head out at about 3:00 pm

Edited by user Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:33:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary."
~ Patrick F. McManus
ilikefood  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:10:32 PM(UTC)
ilikefood

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
We didn't get much rain in Pierce County, so I assume (without scouting) that all rivers should be fine. NOAA and USGS show that the area received about .1 of an inch of rain this morning. It is still cloudy, so I think the fishing should be fun. The Kinni, Rush, and their tribs should be flowing just fine. Keep in mind that it is River Falls Days in River Falls, so the roads are busy and there are a lot of people downtown. I say fish outside of RF and you should be fine.
What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory.
- Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac, p. 40 (Oxford University Press, 1949).