Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<78910>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NBrevitz  
#81 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2019 3:27:02 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Look man, you can’t get out of the water that far and expect to get away with it. You fucked up and he called you on it. After that’s said and done, then you put him online with a misleading title? Come on dude...
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
shebs  
#82 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2019 5:06:18 PM(UTC)
shebs

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Good for you and your YouTube channel, but you're making it harder for everyone else who actually follows the law when you do stupid shit like that.

Doubling down on being wrong might be good for YouTube, but the rest of world just thinks you're wrong.
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
AKinMN  
#83 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2019 6:59:04 PM(UTC)
AKinMN

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
And is yet another YouTube channel with 20-30 minute videos of Go-Pro footage catching average sized trout really needed in the first place.? Seems rather played out at this point.
shebs  
#84 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 3:55:34 AM(UTC)
shebs

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
"I'm too lazy to actually follow the law, so I'm gonna bitch about how people don't like me trespassing on their land."

Listen here, FNG, if you wanna bitch about hostile landowners you gotta try a hell of a lot harder to stay legal. I've crossed that bridge legally many times, yet you didn't even try to do it legally. You could have walked all the way up to the bridge before exiting. The left edge of that hole is not that deep.

I was ready to give you the benefit of the doubt, because I've had plenty of landowners hassle me - but seeing as how you're deleting and editing your posts to try to be the good guy, when you're not, I think you should probably go back to YouTube where the commenters don't have critical thinking skills.

This is the most accepting trout forum you'll ever find, and in 5 days you've gone from "who is that guy" to "that guy is full of shit and thinks he can talk smack to the heart of this community."

But keep complaining about the pile of rocks in the woods, like it excuses your shit behavior. That'll totally get you YouTube clicks.

Edited by user Monday, July 1, 2019 4:48:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
SquareEgg  
#85 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 2:49:58 PM(UTC)
SquareEgg

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
... an individual's handicap does not change the law. If I were confined to a wheel chair, I couldn't legally wheel myself along the banks of a stretch of private land claiming that the water itself is an obstacle, I'm navigating around it, and the landowner has to deal with it because of my handicap.
thanks 1 user thanked SquareEgg for this useful post.
NBrevitz on 9/25/2019(UTC)
NBrevitz  
#86 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 6:16:00 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

I fished this stretch a few days ago to see for myself. Unless you’re a midget, you should’ve been fine. It didn’t touch my belly button. And even if it was too deep, you shouldn’t have gone so wide around it, and you should’ve at least TRIED first.

Please try your hardest to follow the law. People who openly disobey the rules are part of the reason I’ve been threatened with guns a couple times.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
Z4c64  
#87 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 5:26:55 PM(UTC)
Z4c64

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Geez, I didn't look at this for a week or so. I'm sorry to hear how everything turned out.

Yes, it is hard when people harass you for legal behavior, but when a person is in the wrong, they should not be posting video of someone just taking care of his own property.

I've read all kinds of issues on easements that threaten to ruin things for all of us.

Thank you to the guys to stepped up to do the right thing and set the record straight.
thanks 1 user thanked Z4c64 for this useful post.
NBrevitz on 9/25/2019(UTC)
NBrevitz  
#88 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 11:33:41 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

If you don’t care, why are you coming back on here and reigniting a debate that ended THREE MONTHS AGO?

Dude, not denying the landowner is a douche, but you give us legal guys a bad name when you trespass like that. I literally had a gun pulled on me once from an unchained landowner, I’ve had discussions with Washington County Sheriff deputies so often... They now know me by name...

I know what it’s like to deal with douchebag landowner’s. Don’t even start crying about that. I stared down the barrel of a gun as a 20 YO kid when I’d done nothing wrong. I was threatened with freakin voodoo as a 17 YO. I’ve had rocks thrown, mud kicked up, you name it. Shit happens, I get it.

Don’t make it worse by giving them a reason to actually be mad! It makes you look like an ass and gives them all the leverage. It makes it harder to get easements established. It gets legal fishermen harassed. Just please don’t do it. It’s tough to fight for angler rights when people break the existing laws.

Also, if you’re bitching at Ron, he gets permission. He knows more Pierce County landowner’s than most of us know people in general. And he fishes a lot on easements and public land.
thanks 2 users thanked NBrevitz for this useful post.
shebs on 9/26/2019(UTC), rschmidt on 10/15/2019(UTC)
NBrevitz  
#89 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 12:03:37 AM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Also, isn’t it ironic that you seem to get into more trouble than literally everyone else?!

A game warden stealing your $? Really dude?! I’ve never heard that one before. A game warden would have literally no reason to search your wallet. I’ve been checked a couple dozen times and never had them ask for anything but an ID and my license. I’ve gone through the damn Canadian border 30+ times and never had my wallet searched.

You’re a shitty actor, and your videos are yellow journalism at best.
thanks 1 user thanked NBrevitz for this useful post.
slayermikefishing on 9/29/2019(UTC)
Gurth  
#90 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 12:53:21 AM(UTC)
Gurth

Man

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Yeah I looked at a couple other vids just to see if there's more to all this.

My favorite maybe was a quip about every Class 1 trout stream having a Class 1 asshole for a landowner.

That hasn't been my experience at all in fact within the past week I parked at one of their homes and had a nice conversation while getting their farm pup to give up her belly for rubs.

All of this because the guy told me last year that next time I come by I should park there.

Maybe the asshole is someone other than the landowner... just maybe.

Love also that the "Slayer" goes to a stream where he's had a previous conflict that he filmed but somehow didn't even have a phone to record the racist comments or rock/stick throwing.

Seems plausible.

Also names streams.

Hope noobs aren't taking cues from these crappy vids.

Edited by user Thursday, September 26, 2019 12:56:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

“Harvest eaters... release trophies.” -Gurth
Private correspondence at: jkschind "at" tds.net
thanks 2 users thanked Gurth for this useful post.
shebs on 9/26/2019(UTC), slayermikefishing on 9/29/2019(UTC)