Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

43 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MasterofArms  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:27:40 AM(UTC)

hello,

I am from Wisconsin. i love to fish for anything that swims.
I am Mark's moderator on here. Would love to have some introductions
of new folks on here?

who will be the first?

Edited by moderator Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:23:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

fish4life  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:57:37 AM(UTC)
fish4life

Hello

My name is Jim aka fish4life, Love to fish/hunt took up Fly fishing 15 yrs ago
and just can't get enough of the driftless area, Unfortunotly live 4 hrs away
so I make it out as often as possible but no way as much as I would like.

Just ran across the site a month ago nice site better info and some real good Photo
keep up the good work.

fish4life
>>~}}}}}}'>
flintchips  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:03:25 AM(UTC)
flintchips

Man

I'm Dan from the top of a hill, just outside Ft Madison, IA.
Thanks for hosting the site, it's right up my alley.
As far back as I can remember I loved to explore small streams, from the ditch beside our house to the muddy crick through Grandma's pasture. As I've gotten older I've gone through cycles of several kinds of fishing - first, anywhere anytime anybody would take me, then usually for catfish and carp on the river or to a farm pond for whatever was in it, then the bass boat phase, hauling it all over the place to see how fast we could horse one in and throw it back, then I got serious for awhile about fishing for crappie and bluegill on nearby lakes, then fished below the dams on the Big Muddy for walleyes, and it was all good. But I pretty much lost interest in all that when I found my way back to small stream fishing, especially with a fly rod. Now I'm back to poking around along those little streams like a young boy, anticipating what's around the next bend. Carrying a fly rod, or looking for Indian relics, just gives me a reason to be out there wandering around. Sometimes I catch a few. No big deal if I don't. I see some pretty cool stuff and bring home a pretty rock now and then.
NBrevitz  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:55:57 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 26 post(s)
I'm Nick, live in Lake Elmo, Mn. Go to Stillwater High School, and play right tackle on the football team. I love to fish for just about anything but, having lived in Michigan until 2008, I have a soft spot for Trout. Love to fish smaller creeks, started out over here at Browns Creek, then graduated to the Kinni. Do the bulk of my fishing in that system and the upper Rush as well. Just recently got into fly fishing, and it's been a blast. Found this site about a month ago and I love it. There's always someone willing to help out, and that's awesome.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
Greylin  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 8:15:57 PM(UTC)
Greylin

My name is Scott and I live in the Green Bay area and have been "hooked" on trout fishing the Dritless area since I first was introduced to it 15 years ago. I found this site via Len Harris's blog and seems to be a great community of users open to sharing.

I'll be camped out at one of the KVR campgrounds for the first two weekends if anyone wants to grab a cold one and BS drop me a "line".
I live in a van down by the river.
MNFishhunter  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 8:45:00 PM(UTC)
MNFishhunter

Hey folks- My name is Ryan and I fly fish for everything that'll take a fly. I fish a lot of trout in the fall, winter, and spring, and I have recently started fishing the Driftless area in Wisconsin. Your site here has really been great for access rules and info in general on the streams. Checkout my blog @ http://onafly.blogspot.com/
Jake Andrle  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 7:55:32 AM(UTC)
Jake Andrle

My name is Jake Andrle, born and raised in Pierce County, WI. I LIVE to hunt, fish, and do anything outdoors. I secretly like to think I know most of the trout streams better than everyone but that is just who I am Smile I grew up fishing the Trimbelle River and then went on to the Rush "system" and now my obsession has exploded into an addiction. Any given weeknight in the summer just look for a pewter chev 1500 streamside. That'll be me! Tiny streams, big trout and unexplored/unpressured water is what drives me nuts.
spindler26  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 11:21:41 AM(UTC)
spindler26

My name is Nate. I like fishing.
Kickapoo swinger  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:17:28 PM(UTC)
Kickapoo swinger

Hi, my name is Gary, aka. Kickapoo Swinger
I live in the Viroqua area and have been an avid trout fisher since the early 80's,, yesss, long before "THE Movie"
Looking forward to chatting with you guys and may cross paths out on the streams somewhere.
Right now, at this very moment, it is the latest that it has ever been.
T-router  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 11:49:21 AM(UTC)
T-router

Hello my name is Terry Furst, I live in Shakopee MN, I love to fish my favorite is fly fishing for trout , I also like walleyes . I am 48 years old and have fished since i was very young my dad was a mil lacs man and i have spent thousands of hours on the lake. I started trout fishing trout at 15 at 1rst was a spin fisherman, mostly with crawlers, which I still wouldnt be opposed to doing if I got an invite from some of the guys on this site! I gravitated to fly fishing at about 17 years of age also that is when I started tying flies and I am totally hooked I have fly fished many western rivers and the Black hills I make a trip every year now most of my fishing is done in wisco mainly due to proximity my favorite is casting to risers with dry flys I fish alot not as much as I used to but still approaching 100 days a year!