Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pete  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:48:44 PM(UTC)
Pete

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Good luck to everyone going out this weekend. Stay safe and whatever you're after-big antlers, more tender meat from a young doe, tails for Clouser minnows-I hope you connect.

The same to anyone hunting south of the border (Illinois opens Friday morning): Good luck.
Sponsor
MikeJuran  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 7:33:51 AM(UTC)
MikeJuran

Man

My nephew Andrew scored a decent 10 pt out of Crawford County .... pic of the crew in blaze .... Saw fewer deer this year than any prior hunt on this 400 acres ... weird ....

UserPostedImage

Weather definitely a factor by us ... fogged in on Saturday morning with visibility to 50 yards for entire morning ...The shot from this blind normally allows us to see 400 yards to the woodline to the north ....So who knows how many deer might have been within 100 yards. Fog cleared enough for one drive Saturday that produced one buck running away at 350 yards in the brush ....shooooooot ....NOT ... Sunday was a complete shitty day, but my son Jon missed a running shot at a doe going full tilt .... he has learned what 'be ready' means now ...

UserPostedImage

Add we caught the 2nd half of the Packer/Viking game with a bowl of great chili, so they day wasn't a total loss .... Enjoyed seeing nephews, brothers and my dad for deer camp. May be dad's last .... doesn't hunt anymore but he comes up to see 'da boys.

UserPostedImage
Fly Me A River
Jared  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 8:04:03 AM(UTC)
Jared

I had a different kind of deer season. I have a wife who as of tomorrow is 9 months pregnant, that throws a wrench into plans.

So instead of heading back home up north, I stuck around here. I have a friend with about 15 acres in La Crosse Co, not a huge chunk of land but has some good crossings in it, and he has some trail cam pics of a few decent bucks that pass through. So I got out a few hours each on Saturday and Sunday. Passed on a little forkhorn first thing Saturday morning, which if I don't get back out I'm sure I'll regret. (I love antlers but I love venison more) Very little shooting around me, both days, but again I've never hunted deer here before and don't know how much is "normal". Mild temps though, and I felt lucky to get out at all.

Still have a little work to get done this week, a holiday, and oh yeah, a baby to get born, but there's 7 days left, keep at it fellas! I know I'll be sneaking out whenever I can.
"I often wonder why anyone as lazy, as fond of fishing and so little concerned with dogma as myself should have chosen such a hard path"
-Roderick Haig-Brown
Jared  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 8:08:12 AM(UTC)
Jared

I want to just add that I have an awesome wife letting me out of the house at all with zero complaints to go hang out with no cell coverage when she's about to give birth.

Young men, choose wisely!!
"I often wonder why anyone as lazy, as fond of fishing and so little concerned with dogma as myself should have chosen such a hard path"
-Roderick Haig-Brown
Pete  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 9:16:59 AM(UTC)
Pete

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Jared wrote:
I want to just add that I have an awesome wife letting me out of the house at all with zero complaints to go hang out with no cell coverage when she's about to give birth.

Good luck with the baby and congrats on the understanding wife-that may be your best catch of all.
trapper  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 9:51:11 AM(UTC)
trapper

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Pete wrote:
Jared wrote:

Good luck with the baby and congrats on the understanding wife-that may be your best catch of all.

X2
Get Reel