Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
trapper  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 3:14:16 PM(UTC)
trapper
Rank: Super Fly

Joined: 3/24/2010(UTC)
Posts: 2,243
Location: West Fork

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Last year at Trapfest 1.0, Eddie caught and released a 26 inch Brown Trout at DA Bridge.ThumpUp
Eddie respectively released the landowners pet- yes, they have names..

From reviewing pictures recently, that Trout grew one inch and was harvested by a local angler.

I sure hope others got to catch and release the Trout before it was caught for the last time.

Respect is earned, Eddie, you are the man!!
After Kyle C/R a 24 @ Da Bridge this Spring, he stated later,its just a pet bridge fish-more respectThumpUp

This Winter, I desided that FryinPan wasn't going to get to keep any Trout I catch over 18 inches, from any state we fish in. Any 3 pound Trout is a nice fish, a 20 is a trophy to many, anywhere in the Driftless . Just ask anyone who hasn't joined the 20 inch club.

I released my largest inland Driftless Trout(27) and will continue to release the big ones for others to enjoy.

My condolences go out to Dave and Mickey for their lost pet.My cousin Roger did an excellant job on your stream.Kyle and I truely appreciate you allowing us to fish your property!

Trapper
Avalanche

Support limited harvest,your kids and grandchilden will thank you.
Get Reel
Sponsor
Mark Dahlquist  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 7:04:35 PM(UTC)
Mark Dahlquist
Rank: Administration

Joined: 2/27/2010(UTC)
Posts: 4,894
Man
Location: Minnesota

Thanks: 8 times
Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 19 post(s)
26.5 last summer. Hard to believe it grew a full inch but it is DA bridge. Pellet fed. Eddie showed me the spots lined up. Hey Eddie, what did you catch that trout on again?
-Mark
Board Owner
UserPostedImage
EddieRivard  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 7:44:07 PM(UTC)
EddieRivard
Rank: Dragon Fly

Joined: 7/26/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,188
Location: New Brighton MN

Thanks: 62 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Mark Dahlquist wrote:
Hey Eddie, what did you catch that trout on again?


I believe it was on a worm. There is no shame in my game.
shebs  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 8:02:07 PM(UTC)
shebs
Rank: Dragon Fly

Joined: 5/12/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,039
Location: Mpls

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 40 post(s)
EddieRivard wrote:
Mark Dahlquist wrote:
Hey Eddie, what did you catch that trout on again?


I believe it was on a worm. There is no shame in my game.


ThumpUp

Worms are effective!

Also, an extra inch is not that surprising...a fish that Eddie caught in january at 16 taped just short of 18 last weekend when I hooked him...and that one wasn't even pellet fed LOL
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
DanE  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 6:33:12 AM(UTC)
DanE
Rank: Dragon Fly

Joined: 9/18/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,239
Location: Prairie Du Sac, WI

shebs wrote:
EddieRivard wrote:
Mark Dahlquist wrote:
Hey Eddie, what did you catch that trout on again?


I believe it was on a worm. There is no shame in my game.


ThumpUp

Worms are effective!

Also, an extra inch is not that surprising...a fish that Eddie caught in january at 16 taped just short of 18 last weekend when I hooked him...and that one wasn't even pellet fed LOL


Shebs has one of those funny tape measures that adds and extra inch or two. No wonder he is always catching big fish! LOL
EddieRivard  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 6:56:03 AM(UTC)
EddieRivard
Rank: Dragon Fly

Joined: 7/26/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,188
Location: New Brighton MN

Thanks: 62 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Here are the photos side by side.

UserPostedImage
DanE  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 7:52:14 AM(UTC)
DanE
Rank: Dragon Fly

Joined: 9/18/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,239
Location: Prairie Du Sac, WI

Interesting that the same person who slams catching big fish from DA bridge as pets, posts and brags about someone else catching and keeping one from there. Confused
shebs  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 9:00:07 AM(UTC)
shebs
Rank: Dragon Fly

Joined: 5/12/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,039
Location: Mpls

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 40 post(s)
DanE wrote:


Shebs has one of those funny tape measures that adds and extra inch or two. No wonder he is always catching big fish! LOL



Blushing Crying

Some of us need that extra inch or two LOL LOL
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
NBrevitz  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 9:11:40 AM(UTC)
NBrevitz
Rank: Super Fly

Joined: 3/16/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,494
Man
Location: Lake Elmo, Mn

Thanks: 54 times
Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 45 post(s)
DanE wrote:
Interesting that the same person who slams catching big fish from DA bridge as pets, posts and brags about someone else catching and keeping one from there. Confused

Yep, exactly...
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
DanE  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 9:58:24 AM(UTC)
DanE
Rank: Dragon Fly

Joined: 9/18/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,239
Location: Prairie Du Sac, WI

shebs wrote:
DanE wrote:


Shebs has one of those funny tape measures that adds and extra inch or two. No wonder he is always catching big fish! LOL



Blushing Crying

Some of us need that extra inch or two LOL LOL



Me too. I always say, It's not very long but it sure is skinny. LOL
Users browsing this topic
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2019, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.818 seconds.