Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Uintas Options
redneckdan
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2015 4:54:45 PM

Anyone ever fish the Uintas? I leaving for a two week road trip tomorrow afternoon.
Kev
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2015 7:49:57 PM

Yes, well maybeRollEyes
Whereabouts you heading?
You can study hard, get straight As, go to an ivy league school, become a doctor, a physicist, a billionaire investor… You can work out, run triathlons, be an olympian, have six pack abs… BUT if you don’t use your brains and your body to become a better fly fisher, none of that other junk matters. Snap It!
redneckdan
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2015 1:52:39 PM

Fishing flaming gorge for a day or two. Then heading along 35, maybe back up 150 to hit some small streams. Planning on hit the Duchesne. Kinda hopeing to find some mountain whitefish. The lake superior strain area pretty tasty. Can't imagine the mountain fish would be much different.
Kev
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2015 2:35:39 PM

I have been mostly in the eastern Unitas , I like the high desert areas over the lush green mountain areas, I know I am weird.
Not sure I will be much help then. But if you are going to fish the Green below Flaming Gorge, and you should by the way, I have all kinds of info
It is a awesome place and as of today the water flows are at a favorable level. Very friendly to wading fisherman. Depending upon who you ask up to 12,000- 18,000 fish per mile on section A. Healthy, non spooky fish I might add
I have been there 3 times in the last 12 months and going again in sept. I am obsessed with this stupid river.
Lots of good local advice at the two main fly shops , Trout Creek Flies and Flaming gorge resort fly shop. But all you have to do is go to Little Hole at the end of section A and starting walking up or down. Lots of pressure but very eager Browns and rainbows
And of course very pretty scenery
Good luck and if you want more, I can totally geek out and go deep with my " knowledge😎". Send me an email or give me a call

Kevin 309-208 -4164
You can study hard, get straight As, go to an ivy league school, become a doctor, a physicist, a billionaire investor… You can work out, run triathlons, be an olympian, have six pack abs… BUT if you don’t use your brains and your body to become a better fly fisher, none of that other junk matters. Snap It!
Kev
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2015 2:48:55 PM

And another thing😀
Not sure your schedule or situation but if you can swing one of the 1 day guide trips down the Green you will not be sorry. There is nothing like floating thru the canyon on the A section. a seriously nice day even if you don't catch a fish, but that won't be a problem
redneckdan
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 3:14:01 PM

Spent a couple days in the black hills then scooted over to salt lake. Scouted flaming gorge for a future trip. Uintas got hit with rain lately and a lot of the streams were blown.

Heading for boise this morning. I will be back to hit the green for sure.
DanE
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 3:25:12 PM

redneckdan wrote:
Spent a couple days in the black hills then scooted over to salt lake. Scouted flaming gorge for a future trip. Uintas got hit with rain lately and a lot of the streams were blown.

How was fishing in the black hills? I am hoping to get out there in the next couple years. Heard fishing is decent and uncrowded.
Kev
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 9:06:46 PM

redneckdan wrote:

I grew up in Boise. If you get a chance the South Fork of the Boise is a damn fine trout stream. Big ole fish and lots of bugs

And don't sleep on the Boise river going thru town, The 2 biggest trout I ever saw caught anywhere came out the the stretch behind the university
Kev
#9 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 3:16:30 PM

Redneckdan,
Any updates, pics, fish stories or outright fabrications?
redneckdan
#10 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 2:00:18 PM

I ended up swinging up out of boise through the Emmett/Lowman District and through Stanley to fish the Payette and Salmon before heading through idaho falls and down to the Henrys Fork and on over into Montana to hit the Gallatin and Missouri.

Lots of epic fishing, dirt bag camping and loving life.

This summer my wife is working for the USFS out of the Vernal, UT office. I am heading for Asheville, NC on business the week of June 12th (I hear there possibly is trout fishing in the area...), then heading for Utah for 3 weeks before returning to the Range. I'll be out in Vernal again in September. If you have information on Vernal local streams and rivers I'd love to hear it.