Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In | Register

Gordon & Kittleson Creek Options
William Schlafer
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2015 6:37:37 PM

Anyone looked at Gordon Creek or Kittleson Creek (SW Dane/SE Iowa county) recently? Just wondering what the weed situation was and if they are still accessible or not.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
briz
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2015 8:27:14 PM

I was out on the Gordon early last week and the weeds were mostly chest high. Some trails were beat down at popular access points and a few areas weren't too bad. no beta on Kittleson, but other tribs in area that I stopped at were in grass jungle mode. Haven't had a chance to get out that way since
p_gundlach
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 09, 2015 7:18:02 PM

I'll echo briz's comments. I was out briefly with a neighbor on Sunday who wanted to try trout fishing. I feared it'd be tough going, and I was unfortunately right. It didn't help that we didn't start until midmorning on a hot, sunny July day. Very tough fishing as anticipated. Pretty tough casting on upper Gordon, unless you happened to be in the water (and then it is still kind of tough, especially with how deep it can be). Lower Gordon seemed much more fishable, if only due to the wider nature of the stream. Still deader than a doornail though when I was there. Just one of those days. I haven't checked out Kittleson since April.

Still beat staying home though!
William Schlafer
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 09, 2015 10:13:19 PM

Thanks for the reports guys - pretty much what I expected. A few years back a farmer had some cows grazing below the Sandy Rock Rd bridge. Just enough to keep the weeds at bay. Haven't seen them since. There's a couple pasture spots on kittleson I might try.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos