Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kev  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:47:15 AM(UTC)
Kev

Man

Hi. Have a friend at work making a 1 day, no planning trip to Dickeyville wi. Says he heard there are fish there

Any help?
You can study hard, get straight As, go to an ivy league school, become a doctor, a physicist, a billionaire investor… You can work out, run triathlons, be an olympian, have six pack abs… BUT if you don’t use your brains and your body to become a better fly fisher, none of that other junk matters. Snap It!
DanE  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 1:25:35 PM(UTC)
DanE

I have never fished down there, but there doesn't look to be too much around there. if you head north towards Fennimore, there are a couple of decent streams. Not sure what is across the border in IA.

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/...Grant_color_portrait.pdf

Edited by user Thursday, July 23, 2015 1:26:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kev  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 2:02:22 PM(UTC)
Kev

Man

Thanks Dan
I think I talked him into to going north to viroqua. Maybe get a little local knowledge and flies from the fly shop to help him out

He's not leavin till 2 am so if anyone has a differing opinion and thinks Dickeyville is the way to go please speak up

Kevin
You can study hard, get straight As, go to an ivy league school, become a doctor, a physicist, a billionaire investor… You can work out, run triathlons, be an olympian, have six pack abs… BUT if you don’t use your brains and your body to become a better fly fisher, none of that other junk matters. Snap It!
DanE  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 2:04:04 PM(UTC)
DanE

Kev wrote:
Thanks Dan
I think I talked him into to going north to viroqua. Maybe get a little local knowledge and flies from the fly shop to help him out

He's not leavin till 2 am so if anyone has a differing opinion and thinks Dickeyville is the way to go please speak up

Kevin

I think you have him pointed in the right direction. ThumpUp
NBrevitz  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 3:13:53 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Kev wrote:
Thanks Dan

Kevin

I don't think you could possibly go wrong with Viroqua...
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
William Schlafer  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 6:03:05 AM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
For me, the southern border for small stream Trout fishing in the Wisconsin Driftless Area is Hwy 18. I've been told there are a few decent streams in the SW corner around Lancaster and Mineral Point. But the ones I drove by didn't look all that great - they appeared more like warm water fisheries to me. But you never know until you fish them.

However, go another hour north and you're in the heart of Trout country.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos