Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
William Schlafer  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:34:58 AM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I have a nephew who lives near San Fransisco. A few weeks ago I flew out to visit with him. We drove a bit north through the Napa Valley area sightseeing and I was stunned at how dry everything was. That area is in the midst of a devastating multi-year long drought. Now large areas of northern California are burning, up the coast and into Oregon, Washington and Idaho.

I ran across this drought map and was surprised to see a good chunk of the lower Driftless Area is considered "Abnormally Dry" to "Moderate Drought" conditions.

UserPostedImage

This summer has been odd that (at least in the Milwaukee area) we've had almost no thunderstorms and only a couple of heavy rain events. A few weeks back the southern DA got a good soaker, but apparently not enough to make up for the rainfall deficit.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
MikeJuran  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:45:34 AM(UTC)
MikeJuran

Man

Strange to see Driftless included there ..... We haven't had the rains that hudson to eau claire have had by any means, but its my impression the water levels, at least in the Viroqua area are fine .... Trap, whats your take on that?
Fly Me A River
DanE  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 12:11:02 PM(UTC)
DanE

Being in Sauk County, where Sauk, Columbia & Dane Counties meet, I can vouch for the lack of rain and the moderate drought conditions. We got our first meaningful rain in over a month last week. We can see the showers and storms develop and miss us to the southeast and the northeast, by as little as 5-10 miles.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 16, 2015 12:55:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified