Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GreatPyrs  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 6:39:59 PM(UTC)
GreatPyrs

A fine day gentleman.congratsThumpUp
I enjoy trout.They are never disappointing company. They like the things I like - clean mountain streams , swift moving water, wildness. - Henry Middleton
shebs  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:36:51 PM(UTC)
shebs

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Took a half day off this afternoon to make use of the late season - headed down to a stream that I had fantastic luck (and/or timing) about this time last year. No recent rain, so I don't think the bigs are running in force yet, but I did catch a couple of nice fish. Was a gorgeous day to be stomping around in the woods, even if I had been skunked, but obviously better that I wasn't ThumpUp

This was the second fish I caught this afternoon - not particularly large, but I broke out the camera to record the 'fall colors'

UserPostedImage

I continued on, catching a few fish here and there, but nothing worth risking the phone bath for. Did catch one beautiful (smallish) brookie, but they're pretty uncommon in this stretch, so I was more concerned with returning him to the water.

Came up to this run late in the evening, and lazily casted my spinner to the top...

UserPostedImage

This guy must have been under the grass on the bank, because he seemed to come outta nowhere, and ran me up and down the run for a minute before I dragged him back to the net. A solid 18".

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Just before dark, I found another 16" in one of the last corner pools before the bridge which was my exit point. Bad photo, as it was nearly dark, but it shows off the colors BigGrin

UserPostedImage

The run that I fished right before this had an absolute hulk cruising around. Easily 20+. He lazily followed my spinner through the run 4 or 5 times, but never once took a swing. Was amazing to watch him 'pace' back and forth every time I ran it through there...I'll be back at least one more time for him Woot

Now I just gotta hope we get a decent rain before the season ends, cuz this stream is dynamite if you can time the run. Drool
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"