Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
William Schlafer  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 12:48:12 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 127 post(s)
With winter Trout fishing now an option in Wisconsin after January 1st, Mat & Geri at the Driftless Angler fly shop in Viroqua is offering a stay and fish package:

UserPostedImage

A little pricey, but split four ways, not a bad deal. Hard to predict the weather in January/February, but everything they do is first rate and I'm sure it would be great time. The apartment above the fly shop is terrific - better than any local hotel/motel.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
Sponsor
trapper  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 4:35:57 PM(UTC)
trapper

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
They seem to be getting plenty of takers according to their facebook page. Seems Mat and Geri are working on combining single anglers to make a four some.ThumpUp

I am working hard on purchasing a new property in the West Fork valley and may be able to offer a "package" to any cool DTA members at a greatly reduced rate.Many DTA members can always stay at my place for free and they know it. Stay tuned for more developements....
Get Reel
madguy30  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 6:53:01 PM(UTC)
madguy30

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I'll personally probably wait until February when the sun's out a bit longer and the temps are in the 40's or so but I was talking to a buddy about how an earlier season is good for exactly this kind of thing, i.e. more fishing while supporting of local fly shops, etc., along with helping some of the local businesses around the D.A.

I think it's nice to have one more option of things to do in the winter.
DanE  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2015 6:35:58 AM(UTC)
DanE

We always seem to have a January thaw where it gets in the 40's and rains for a couple days. Those are the 1st days of the season that I have my eyes on.