Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NBrevitz  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:38:18 AM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
s.t.fanatic wrote:
It will only get better over time if left alone.

Unfortunately that's not what's going to happen... God knows there aren't any good Bass Lakes in Polk or St Croix County... Oh, wait, there's a ton that hardly get fished!
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
Guillermo  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 5:49:29 PM(UTC)
Guillermo

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
There's plenty of real lakes in Wisconsin without having to dam up a trout stream. Happens far too often. On the bright side many have been removed in the last 15 years. I fished a stretch of stream recently that had a dam removed about 10 years ago, the fishing was amazing and the area has recovered completely from being a stagnant, pointless pond.
Guillermo  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 5:51:02 PM(UTC)
Guillermo

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
s.t.fanatic wrote:
I would think that over time the river channel will cut in a bit more and narrow it up. Looks good to me so far. It will only get better over time if left alone.

Won't be left alone because people need their artificial bass lake back. God knows there's no other natural lakes in Wisconsin you can fish.
NBrevitz  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 8:06:05 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Guillermo wrote:
s.t.fanatic wrote:
I would think that over time the river channel will cut in a bit more and narrow it up. Looks good to me so far. It will only get better over time if left alone.

Won't be left alone because people need their artificial bass lake back. God knows there's no other natural lakes in Wisconsin you can fish.

There are literally probably 2 dozen good Bass fisheries within an hours drive of WRSP. Bass Lake, Perch Lake, Balsam, Deer, St. Croix, Miss, Lake Pepin... Just to name maybe 25%... It makes absolutely no sense... Remove those 2 dams and that river would attract people from across both states...
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
s.t.fanatic  
#35 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 8:25:41 AM(UTC)
s.t.fanatic

NBrevitz wrote:
Guillermo wrote:
s.t.fanatic wrote:

There are literally probably 2 dozen good Bass fisheries within an hours drive of WRSP. Bass Lake, Perch Lake, Balsam, Deer, St. Croix, Miss, Lake Pepin... Just to name maybe 25%... It makes absolutely no sense... Remove those 2 dams and that river would attract people from across both states...

X2