Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WI-fly  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2016 9:36:48 PM(UTC)
WI-fly

Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Here is that Toketee vest over top of a damn fine looking Denver Broncos jersey. Needless to say, the kidlets and I enjoyed a Bronco victory on Sunday.
File Attachment(s):
harper.jpg (80kb) downloaded 174 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
=============
Curt Rees
Coulee Region Trout Unlimited
Catch fish, have a good time, protect the resource.
CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
big_river_bum  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:23:39 AM(UTC)
big_river_bum

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
i went with the pantagonia vest front sling pack. I like the idea of my everyday fly boxes on my chest. big storage type boxes in back along with beers, a water bottle on bottom(i never drink water on the water...i know i know)

UserPostedImage

plus I'm left handed. I don't know why all the slings I looked at are to be carried over the right shoulder. wouldn't that kind of interfere with a righty's casting?
DanE  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:39:02 AM(UTC)
DanE

big_river_bum wrote:

plus I'm left handed. I don't know why all the slings I looked at are to be carried over the right shoulder. wouldn't that kind of interfere with a righty's casting?

Yes, Another lefty! If we ever fish together, I call dibs on the RH stream bank. Laugh
big_river_bum  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:44:52 AM(UTC)
big_river_bum

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
that's cool dan. I've found that(for short to mid distance casts) I'm actually a lot more disciplined in my casting stroke if I bring my left hand over to the right shoulder. I don't know if that speaks highly or lowly of my skills LOL
weiliwen  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 9:20:56 AM(UTC)
weiliwen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 24 post(s)
DanE wrote:
big_river_bum wrote:

Yes, Another lefty! If we ever fish together, I call dibs on the RH stream bank. Laugh

I did find an ambidextrous sling mentioned in another site; if I can find it I'll post it. I want to say it was made by Patagonia.
Bob Williams, "Weiliwen"
jfinn  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:46:16 PM(UTC)
jfinn

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
weiliwen wrote:
DanE wrote:
big_river_bum wrote:

I did find an ambidextrous sling mentioned in another site; if I can find it I'll post it. I want to say it was made by Patagonia.

I just checked this one out at the fly shop earlier it seems pretty nice and can be used on either shoulder.

https://umpqua.com/produ...ambi-sling-zs-sling-pack
hek  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:05:28 PM(UTC)
hek

I have been using a Vedavoo Tightlines sling (I guess it is the "deluxe" version). I try to carry as little gear as possible, and this thing is compact. It fits a few fly boxes, some gink, a small tube of fly dope, and a few extra leaders. I use zingers to hold on a hemostat, and a tippet spool to hold 4,5 and 6x. Totally stays out of your way when you are casting (drives me nuts when my line snags on stuff). Big fan.
jfinn  
#38 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 11:34:18 AM(UTC)
jfinn

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm ditching the vest and going with the Orvis Guide sling pack I fit everything from my vest and more. So far I really like it only thing I don't like is I can't get my net as easily because it hangs off center.
cschub13  
#39 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 11:53:50 AM(UTC)
cschub13

Man

jfinn wrote:
I'm ditching the vest and going with the Orvis Guide sling pack I fit everything from my vest and more. So far I really like it only thing I don't like is I can't get my net as easily because it hangs off center.

I had a similar issue, so I switched to a net with a long elastic loop. I tied it to the belt on my waders and tucked it between my back and sling...sounds strange and uncomfortable, but it sits in there securely and I can remove it quickly to land fish.
HuggyBear  
#40 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 6:05:37 PM(UTC)
HuggyBear

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have the old Simms Headwaters(?) pack. I like wearing it until I have to attach my net. Then the damn thing goes all wonky and the net gets in the way. Now, the new Fishpond sling looks pretty well thought out. I like the idea of the sheath for your net, built in to the pack. I have a vest, a Patagonia convertible, and I like it a lot. But I only use it for day trips, and I'll attach it to the roll-top backpack.

I'll sell the Simms pack for $40 if anyone wants it.