Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In | Register

Airflo 5wt and 6wt line for sale Options
DanE
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:05:26 AM

I happened to stop by Cabelas tonight and found some spools of Airflo line on sale. I bought all 5 spools they had left, plan to keep 2 of them, and pass the savings onto someone else. So for sale is a Super Dri Xceed in 5wt, Super Dri Xceed in 6wt, and Super Dri Elite in 6wt. $60 ea with free shipping. Not bad for a line that typically sells for $80.
Skimmer
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:14:08 AM

They had all kinds of deals last week on closeout line. Picked up some Scientific Anglers GPX 8wt for $38. Spooled it up took it with my new Echo Base to Texas and laid the smackdown on some sea trout.
kschaefer3
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:52:18 PM

Never made it there to get those on sale, so I'll take the 5 and 6 wt xceeds.
DanE
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:17:27 PM

Skimmer wrote:
They had all kinds of deals last week on closeout line. Picked up some Scientific Anglers GPX 8wt for $38. Spooled it up took it with my new Echo Base to Texas and laid the smackdown on some sea trout.

Wow, those are great prices! I saw the Airflo and gravitated to it immediately since I have had good luck with it. Unfortunately the price on that wasn't as good as the SA GPX. I did get some tungsten real image mayfly beads at about half price though, which was cool.
DanE
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:19:35 PM

kschaefer3 wrote:
Never made it there to get those on sale, so I'll take the 5 and 6 wt xceeds.

Sounds good, I will send you a message so we can work out the details.
MNFishhunter
#6 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 2:38:29 PM

Skimmer wrote:

You have any pics and stories? My wife has a relative in Biloxi that fishes for sea trout, that I will be visiting soon. What are the strategies and techniques?
I'm high jacking this post. Sorry Dan.

Pete
#7 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 5:31:23 PM

MNFishhunter wrote:
Skimmer wrote:

You have any pics and stories? My wife has a relative in Biloxi that fishes for sea trout, that I will be visiting soon. What are the strategies and techniques?
I'm high jacking this post. Sorry Dan.

I'll second this request. I was wondering how your trip and the fishing had gone. I visited Padre Island on a family vacation in high school and have wanted to return ever since. Now that it's become Spring Break Central, somewhere a little north, such as Corpus Christi or Port Aransas, may be the better option. I'd like to hear your impressions of the place.
DanE
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 01, 2016 12:55:11 AM

Kyle took 2 of them off my hands, so I still have a 6wt Super Dri Elite if anyone is interested before I put it on E-bay.

P.S. Kyle, I tried to reply to your last IM, but your mailbox is full so it wouldn't let me send it. The line should be there yet this week, the guy at the post office said 3 days. Thanks again!
kschaefer3
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 01, 2016 3:02:04 PM

DanE wrote:
Kyle took 2 of them off my hands, so I still have a 6wt Super Dri Elite if anyone is interested before I put it on E-bay.

P.S. Kyle, I tried to reply to your last IM, but your mailbox is full so it wouldn't let me send it. The line should be there yet this week, the guy at the post office said 3 days. Thanks again!

I deleted some messages. Thanks again for the lines!
DanE
#10 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 3:14:58 PM

I still have 2 spools of 6WT Super Dri Elite available. Price lowered to $50 ea with free shipping.