Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
danny boy  
#11 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 10:47:58 AM(UTC)
danny boy

Just had the same thing happen to me this weekend (rls +). The only difference being it snapped on a branch becuse I was getting too excited that fish were starting to rise. Moments later I had a snapped rod, a backup that was an hour away, and fish rising in every direction. You know those days on the water where everything is going your way? Well, this was just the opposite. Headed right to cabelas without a reciept and swapped it out for a brand new sage vxp. Had to ante up a bit but well worth it...spent the rest of my evening casting in the yard dreaming of those risers :)
DanE  
#12 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 11:38:49 AM(UTC)
DanE

linzd19 wrote:

I can verify that they will replace it, no questions asked within the 1st year. I broke my 1st fly rod which was Cabelas brand, entirely my fault. I took it in and asked if they could repair, which the said they couldn't. The next words out of his mouth were to take it to customer service to get a refund, even though I told him it was my fault that it broke. I did and upgraded as long as they stood behind it.

That's great news- did you need proof of purchase like a receipt or anything? My only dilemma is that this rod was a gift...

Probably will depend on the customer service rep you get. If you tell them you got it last christmas as a gift, they may take care of you. I didn't have my receipt, but they looked the purchase up as I bought it online.
William Schlafer  
#13 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 12:03:57 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 83 post(s)
DanE wrote:
linzd19 wrote:

I can verify that they will replace it, no questions asked within the 1st year. I broke my 1st fly rod which was Cabelas brand, entirely my fault. I took it in and asked if they could repair, which the said they couldn't. The next words out of his mouth were to take it to customer service to get a refund, even though I told him it was my fault that it broke. I did and upgraded as long as they stood behind it.

That's great news- did you need proof of purchase like a receipt or anything? My only dilemma is that this rod was a gift...

Probably will depend on the customer service rep you get. If you tell them you got it last christmas as a gift, they may take care of you. I didn't have my receipt, but they looked the purchase up as I bought it online.

Do it in person if possible. I think the in-store customer service may be a bit more generous (at least they have been with me in the past). Broken rods suck. No better way to ruin a good day of fishing.
UserPostedImage

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
linzd19  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:03:29 AM(UTC)
linzd19

Man

Thanks for the tips everyone- looks like I will be making a Cabela's trip asap. Thanks again!