Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
linzd19  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 8:04:04 AM(UTC)
linzd19

Man

Hi all,

I am currently a mentor for a few kids in the Menomonie/Eau Claire area, and I've been wanting to teach these kids how to fly fish. Most of the young men I mentor are under-privileged, come from very rough homes, and have made some poor/stupid choices along the way... and I was thinking what better skill to teach them than to fly fish? The only problem is I don't have another pair of waders and I am wondering if you guys know of any cheap/free ones around. Doesn't matter what material they are made from, but looking for a size 10.

Feel free to message me back on any leads. Again, it is going to a great cause for some kiddos who need to learn the great life lessons fly fishing can offer. Thanks for all your help. Smile
Sponsor
mbchilton  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 2:53:45 PM(UTC)
mbchilton

Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'd do something like this.

Bass Pro
NG_Trout  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 1:22:15 PM(UTC)
NG_Trout

I got some cheap rubber chest waders with integrated boot from Farm and Fleet years ago. used them for several seasons then bought breathable ones. I would suggest looking there, might be on sale now that summer is in full swing too.
- Hope is not a strategy
SenatorGrimmshaw  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:21:52 AM(UTC)
SenatorGrimmshaw

That sounds like a pretty awesome thing to do! I started out fly fishing in the Eau Claire/Menomonie area (took fly fishing as one of my Phys. Ed. classes at Stout). I got away with just walking the banks or wet wading with a pair of old shoes for my first season or so. Kind of sucks, but it is manageable on the couple of streams in the area with big sections of public access/restoration. The options mentioned above would probably be the best and cheapest bet for buying new. Otherwise, I've got an old pair of neoprene waders that are that size (with an easily fixable toe leak) that you could just have. Only problem is they are stocking foot so you would still need boots anyway.