Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In | Register

LaX- clean and close Options
posaunefisch
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 4:08:16 PM

I have a job in La Crosse Saturday mid-morning and am looking for a place to fish before hand. Wading isn't much of an option on this one, since I have to be clean and dressed up by 9:30. That and trying to maximize time out before having to rush downtown. Any recommendations?

I'm spending the day up around there Thursday on a tri-county creek so I can do some scouting after it gets too warm to fish. I know there is quite a bit of construction on 33 and 162 south of Bangor. Any other road construction issues to be aware of?
"I can tell by the smell in the air I'm going trout fishing tomorrow " MacQuarrie

@mrjhenning

http://tonesandtrails.blogspot.com/
William Schlafer
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 7:14:55 PM

Pastured sections of streams are a good bet this time of year. Wading through chest high weeds will get you unclean in a hurry. The Coon Creek / Timber Coulee system has miles of pastured streams with easements. But weekends there can get pretty busy. I've heard Mormon Creek holds some Trout, and is closer to La Crosse, but you may have to deal with weeds.

Good luck,
-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
MikeJuran
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 7:25:00 PM

William Schlafer wrote:
Pastured sections of streams are a good bet this time of year. Wading through chest high weeds will get you unclean in a hurry. The Coon Creek / Timber Coulee system has miles of pastured streams with easements. But weekends there can get pretty busy. I've heard Mormon Creek holds some Trout, and is closer to La Crosse, but you may have to deal with weeds.

Good luck,
-Bill

There is a section of Mormon Coulee in a 'park' just outside of La Crosse on 14/61 ... if you don't want to battle weeds, this would be the section to fish and it is the closest trout stream you will find from downtown .... (15 minutes max from Main Street/4th Street) ....

Fly Me A River