Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tomles86  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 9:31:58 AM(UTC)
tomles86

Man

went to my family's land on the plover river early this morning. Caught a 15 1/2 inch brook trout. My personal best was a 15 incher last year. This guy destroyed my olive wooly bugger. It was a great fight. This guy is going on the wall next to the one i caught last year. Caught a number of nice browns and some 10 inch brookies, it was insanely productive considering the storm that was had last night.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Pete  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 8:37:34 PM(UTC)
Pete

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Congrats on the big brook trout. When you get the mount back from the taxidermist, will you post a photo of it? I'd like to see how it turns out.

I've read some about the Plover and have driven over it enough on the way to Vilas Co., but have never fished it. Is it known for producing big brookies?
wibirdhunter  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 8:38:55 PM(UTC)
wibirdhunter

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Great looking water and a really nice fish.

lightningo2  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 9:02:42 PM(UTC)
lightningo2

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Damn! Nice job again.
tomles86  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 10:11:07 PM(UTC)
tomles86

Man

Pete wrote:
Congrats on the big brook trout. When you get the mount back from the taxidermist, will you post a photo of it? I'd like to see how it turns out.

I've read some about the Plover and have driven over it enough on the way to Vilas Co., but have never fished it. Is it known for producing big brookies?

Thanks! Ill for sure post a pic of the mount. Ill post a pic of my most recent mount I got done as well sometime tomorrow. Its a fine looking piece. As far as the Plover goes, I only know the quality of fish in Marathon County from State highway 52 south to State highway 153.... Ive fished a lot of that water but My home waters lie between highway 29 and State highway 153. A lot of guys swear by County road Z north... and dont get me wrong there are nice fish up there with really nice water. But I feel like the spots I know and fish are better. A number of nice runs with riffles that end in really nice deep pools which hold big browns and as of recent really nice brookies. My father caught a 16 inch Brook 2 years ago. I doubt ill ever see a 16 inch brook in my life time in the Plover. I am jaded just because its my home waters, but i love it and think its an amazing stretch of water, but that's because i know every nook and cranny. I hope to get that comfortable with the Prairie down the road.
Guillermo  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 2:16:54 AM(UTC)
Guillermo

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Brookies that big are few and far between. Congrats.
Skimmer  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 9:37:56 AM(UTC)
Skimmer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just moved to Wausau and can't wait to fish the Plover!
madguy30  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 5:16:53 PM(UTC)
madguy30

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I've never fished the Plover but didn't realize it was that rocky. That looks very enticing. It's funny--I've driven 2-2 1/2 hours plenty of times for a day out in the D.A., but haven't driven the same amount of time/distance for streams around the Stevens Point area that have plenty of fish in them.