What a savage!
“What's his offense?
Groping for trout in a peculiar river.”

Shakespeare, Measure for Measure
shebs
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 3:48:44 AM

Looks like I've got some exploring to do. ThumpUp
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
Gerrber
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 9:01:10 PM

Hate to see more mileage taken off the list than being put on, but its understandable with there reasons. Kind of surprising how many little sections were initially left off when the maps are drawn, anyone know how that happens; Meanders created over time, channel movement, or just a complete oversight? I will say there's one or two streams on that list I'm excited to see being added, hopefully we see a positive change in the next few years.
shebs
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:23:57 AM

Gerrber wrote:
Hate to see more mileage taken off the list than being put on, but its understandable with there reasons. Kind of surprising how many little sections were initially left off when the maps are drawn, anyone know how that happens; Meanders created over time, channel movement, or just a complete oversight? I will say there's one or two streams on that list I'm excited to see being added, hopefully we see a positive change in the next few years.

I've checked out a couple of the deletions, and to call them marginal is to be generous. Most were 100% stocked populations, and since the stocking stopped, devoid of trout. I've also fished a couple of the additions, and I'm convinced there are many more miles that could be added...but I'm fine with that, I like unfished water Razz
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
rschmidt
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:03:28 PM

I am sure the new designated water has made the usual happy MN landowners proud. Hahahaha. R
s.t.fanatic
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 5:09:41 PM

rschmidt wrote:
I am sure the new designated water has made the usual happy MN landowners proud. Hahahaha. R

Keep your feet in the water at ALL times here in Minnesota when on posted land. Better yet just ask. 99% of the time permission will be granted.
Guillermo
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:58:15 PM

s.t.fanatic wrote:
rschmidt wrote:

Keep your feet in the water at ALL times here in Minnesota when on posted land. Better yet just ask. 99% of the time permission will be granted.

I've found that number to be MUCH lower where I fish. Politely ask as a courtesy, sure, but inform them you'll be legally entering and walking through their property in the stream if they say no.
shebs
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 10:09:53 PM

Guillermo wrote:
s.t.fanatic wrote:
rschmidt wrote:

I've found that number to be MUCH lower where I fish. Politely ask as a courtesy, sure, but inform them you'll be legally entering and walking through their property in the stream if they say no.

The particular landowner being referred to said no to me the first time I was there, and threatens to call the cops every time I (legally) fish there. He's quite familiar with my 'fucking go for it, buddy' look. Thinks his $750k house entitles him to the water too, so I make a point to get under his skin a few times a year.
Guillermo
#10 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 8:23:13 AM

shebs wrote:
Guillermo wrote:
s.t.fanatic wrote:
rschmidt wrote:

The particular landowner being referred to said no to me the first time I was there, and threatens to call the cops every time I (legally) fish there. He's quite familiar with my 'fucking go for it, buddy' look. Thinks his $750k house entitles him to the water too, so I make a point to get under his skin a few times a year.

Let him call and watch him get laughed at when they get there.